Could someone explain Lehman Shock to me in terms of Japan?

I was talking to my Japanese friend on Skype and she is doing job-hunting at the minute. She said it is very hard to find a job there because of the effects of Lehman Shock and that they have to apply for more than 50 jobs. I don't really know what Lehman Shock is and she couldn't explain it in English. I... show more I was talking to my Japanese friend on Skype and she is doing job-hunting at the minute. She said it is very hard to find a job there because of the effects of Lehman Shock and that they have to apply for more than 50 jobs. I don't really know what Lehman Shock is and she couldn't explain it in English. I tried looking it up but there was so much information on the Lehman Brothers Collapse that i couldn't really find exactly what i was looking for.

So basically i was wondering if someone could explain what it is to me in simple terms and how it affects Japan?
Thank you in advance!