Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Does Russia & China in the United Nations Security Council remind you of the Republicans in Congress?

All they do is block and obstruct every measure for peace, and say "no" to everything we propose.

The international community recently tried to pass a resolution to condemn Syria's Assad, and ask him to step down - it wasn't even a resolution for military action - and the Russians & Chinese still blocked it.

Issues that we think everyone would agree on; the Russians & Chinese still block & obstruct.

• Thalia
    Favorite Answer

The US also obstructs with its use of the veto.

I think all the security council members should have their veto stripped from them, as they tend to abuse it.

• andy

Not really, Russia and China have a long standing history of staying out of a Nation's internal business. If anything, it is the rest of the UN Security Council that reminds me a lot of the Democrats, they want to be in every one's business and tell people what to do, how to live, etc. You do realize that it is a civil war and a lot of the civilian casualties are actually armed former military members.

That being said, yes the Syrian Government is at times targeting civilians but I am wondering how much the insurgents might be doing a similar thing.

let me get this straight. the u.s and nato want to bomb and destroy Syria, the same way the u.s and nato destroyed Libya. China and Russia want to block a u.s led attack, and yet somehow CHina, and Russia are the ones obstructing peace?? go in the corner and think about this for a moment. if anything, China, and Russia are obstructing war, which is a good thing. without CHina, and Russia, the u.s and nato would just be killing EVERYONE

no they dont. they remind me that people who understand little about world politics inhabit this forum and ask questions that make no sense. the united nations security council, as a whole does not have a marxist agenda and isnt bent on destroying the economic nature and scope of the nations in it. therefore as it has little to do with the present radical liberal failed policy of this administration its quite evident that the comparison offered by you is an "apples and oranges" situation. in other words these events have little to do with each other and should clearly be treated as such.

perhaps instead of affixing labels clearly offered by the pelosi/reid regime and the obama administration in an attempt to justify radical policy that doesnt work, you should examine WHY this policy is being blocked.

to date we, as WORKING conservative americans have endured....

solyndra, 55 days to even offer a response to the bp oil spill. the cornhusker kickback, sestak and romanoff, 57 states, navy corpsmen, judicial activists appointed to the supreme court (sotomayor) my background is superior to a white mans, jeremiah wright, we havent done enough(by bombing the capital), pass it first and read it later, the stiumuls that didnt stimulate, and so on. and you ..."want"this ????

in closing id like to thank you for this rant/post. "opinions" like these graphically and vividly illustrate the intense need to vote conservative in the 12 elections more than i or any other WORKING american could ever do.

Do you ever tire of playing the liberal, political dolt? Not saying what you say about Russia and China is wrong but attaching it to Republicans is not only wrong it is pure bullshit. Without any sources so is the rest of your pejorative question.

No, not really. They make me think of the left wingers - Out for themselves with no concern for the harm they are doing others. And of course, just like the left wing loons in this country, they lie and point fingers at everybody but themselves hoping that the more uninformed will believe their lies.

Republicans are good. China and Russia are bad. I am in favor of blocking any cockamamie idea the Obama tries to promote. Saying "no" in this case is like trying to tame a spoiled child who wants everything.

I guess they got tired of voting for US sponsored " regime change " . Libya wasn't supposed to be military action either , but look at how that worked out .

• Vulken

Yeah cause fighting for your rights above touchy feel good intentions aren't worth it huh, you're not worth it.

We understand that, but this isn't solely about you it's about the rest of us.

Um, no. Their policies do, however, remind me of Democrats. Dictatorial.