Do you think he likes me? Should I do anything for Valentine's Day?

I'm an 8th grade girl. I like this boy who's in my geometry and PE classes. -prepare for long story- He talked to me first. We were running the mile in PE class. He was in first place and I was right behind him, but catching up fast. He complimented me on my running by saying, "You're pretty... show more I'm an 8th grade girl. I like this boy who's in my geometry and PE classes.
-prepare for long story-
He talked to me first. We were running the mile in PE class. He was in first place and I was right behind him, but catching up fast. He complimented me on my running by saying, "You're pretty swift on your feet." Since then we've been chatting a bit in class. We'll talk about our times after we run and sometimes he'll ask me for help in math class. Then, one day after school he walked up to me. He was blushing and looking down at his feet. he asked, "Hey, do you want to...uh...I don't know....maybe thumb wrestle some time?" It was so lame but he said it so sweetly, I said sure. Now we always smile at each other in the halls and when we catch each others eyes during class. Running has gotten a bit more competitive, but we've also started having longer conversations while we run. I know basic things about him like his favorite color, that he's never been on any sports teams, and where he was born, but not much beyond that. He's shown mild interest in learning things about me. He's asked me my favorite color, and about goth (I'm goth).
Last week was a fair at our school. One of the activities was zumba. He said he bet I couldn't do it so I said I could do it better than he could. My friends and I had to do something first, but then we headed to zumba. He wasn't there so I sent my friends after him while I tried to figure out how to zumba. It took a while but they tracked him down and got him to show up. When he did I rushed over, grabbed his hand and led him to the dance floor. He looked mildly shocked and started explaining he couldn't dance. I was kind of shocked I'd grabbed his hand. After a while I convinced him to try. He said he had fun. At my locker after school he said he'd like to wait for me, but he had to get his stuff.
I'm just not sure about anything right now. One day we'll have a long conversation and the next we'll talk barely at all. Now that Valentine's is coming up I'm starting to think about it even more. What should I do? Do you think he has a crush on me? Do you think he knows I have a crush on him?