Adding an ex on Facebook...advice?

My boyfriend and I agreed that people shouldn't be friends with their exes on Facebook. There's no purpose.

Oddly enough, I forced him to admit that he is still friends with his one ex on FB, which he lied about until I basically cornered him. It broke my trust for him, and he said he lied out of nervousness. He felt horrible.

To make it worse, I asked him if he added anymore exes recently, which he confidently SWORE he didn't. He said "I promise you, I haven't added any exes." ....After he promised, I told him that I knew he added another ex recently (she requested him as a friend, he accepted). This means I just caught him lying twice in a row, in one conversation. This ex even messaged him and told him she still has feelings for him, but he told her he's staying with me.

Am I overreacting to him lying about having exes on Facebook? It worries me that he lied about them, because it means I can't believe him when he says he is over them. Any advice you can give me would help, thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

He can't have personal contact over facebook and i don't see why you are so insecure and telling him who he can and can't have as facebook friends. Men like women who are secure with themselves. And if you don't trust him then you should look elsewhere for a guy.

I'm not real comfortable that my boyfriend sometimes talks to his ex (from over three years ago) over the phone, but i'm not going to raise hell over it.... i know he's over that relationship, whether she is or not? I have no idea. But i'm not going to make waves over women he tossed away years ago. I do my best to live in the now.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i agree that its not right to talk to ex's, im having the same problem my self, i tryed and ignoring it but it always seems to pop in my head, the best thing i can advice to do is to tell him to delete his fb for you, if he respects and loves you he will, you should do the same to avoid internet problems, to me, FB is all drama.

hope it helps :)

• Wayne
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I think it is an issue, but not a deal breaker.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i want to meet you and make love to you and make you ***

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.