Adding an ex on Facebook...advice?

My boyfriend and I agreed that people shouldn't be friends with their exes on Facebook. There's no purpose. Oddly enough, I forced him to admit that he is still friends with his one ex on FB, which he lied about until I basically cornered him. It broke my trust for him, and he said he lied out of... show more My boyfriend and I agreed that people shouldn't be friends with their exes on Facebook. There's no purpose.
Oddly enough, I forced him to admit that he is still friends with his one ex on FB, which he lied about until I basically cornered him. It broke my trust for him, and he said he lied out of nervousness. He felt horrible.

To make it worse, I asked him if he added anymore exes recently, which he confidently SWORE he didn't. He said "I promise you, I haven't added any exes." ....After he promised, I told him that I knew he added another ex recently (she requested him as a friend, he accepted). This means I just caught him lying twice in a row, in one conversation. This ex even messaged him and told him she still has feelings for him, but he told her he's staying with me.

Am I overreacting to him lying about having exes on Facebook? It worries me that he lied about them, because it means I can't believe him when he says he is over them. Any advice you can give me would help, thank you!