Can I slowly start introducing milk to my 9 month old?

My cousin said with all her kids, she started to introduce cows milk under the age of 12 months. the only reason i'm asking if i can even attempt this is b/c we are very poor and really can't afford formula. granted, i found a very cheap one, its still way more than milk would be. my son eats non stop, alot... show more My cousin said with all her kids, she started to introduce cows milk under the age of 12 months. the only reason i'm asking if i can even attempt this is b/c we are very poor and really can't afford formula. granted, i found a very cheap one, its still way more than milk would be. my son eats non stop, alot of food and alot of formula. he abolutely refuses to drink juice. he puts up a very big fight and i've tried over a dozen times to give him it. every single day i try and try different kinds and brands. to no avail, he refuses it. he only wants that formula and regardless of how much food i feed him, he still wants 4oz. after. he drinks 10oz bottles almost every 2 to 3 hours. this is alot and he still wakes up once a night sometimes for some, he will NOT go back to sleep without it and since i haven't slept through the night barely in 9 months, i give in. he is a big baby and big on the charts. for months now, at my peds advice, i have been diluting the formula. she said he really only needs the volume not the calories. even with giving him less scoops, we go through 2 tubs in a week. this has to stop! this is why im asking about the milk. we really cant afford this. my husband and i are eating one meal a day just to afford to feed my 5 year old and get things for the baby. the government wont help us and i cant get a job to save my life! its very depressing. any suggestions?? i guess i have 2 questions in here, one about the milk and two for any advice on saving money or making things easier for us financially.
Update: he has no teeth yet either, so i cant give him solids just yet, otherwise id be feeding this kid steak to satisfy him! lol
Update 2: it is possible for the government to say we make too much money on paper and in real life, we barely can afford to eat. when WIC or any gov funded program looks to see if you qualify, they look at the gross income on your paycheck, which isnt fair. as of now we have one income. we have half of my hubs paycheck... show more it is possible for the government to say we make too much money on paper and in real life, we barely can afford to eat. when WIC or any gov funded program looks to see if you qualify, they look at the gross income on your paycheck, which isnt fair. as of now we have one income. we have half of my hubs paycheck taken out from taxes to bankruptcy that by the time we get money, we are screwed. there is nothing we can do and will get more money in his pay when the bakruptcy clears but until then, we are really poor. according to the government we make too much. and THAT is horseSh%t. thats why people dont work and are on welfare. cause if they did, they wouldnt get benefits and they would be struggling like we are.
Update 3: i was unable to breastfeed due to medications i had to be on. as far as the purpose of WIC, yes they tell you they will help kids and parents in need. again, when i went to file, they refused me. and we are talking about $100 we made "over" their guideline. So, no they don't care to help you if you... show more i was unable to breastfeed due to medications i had to be on. as far as the purpose of WIC, yes they tell you they will help kids and parents in need. again, when i went to file, they refused me. and we are talking about $100 we made "over" their guideline. So, no they don't care to help you if you cant afford it and don't meet their ridiculous criteria. its a scam. i have tried to get any help from the gov, they say no. its really screwed up.
Update 4: and to the rude braod who keeps trying to bring me down, unless you are a doctor (something tells me you're not) you have no idea what meds are ok to use during breastfeeding and which ones arent. get off the soapbox.