LOCO
LOCO asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 years ago

Roberts Supreme Court major decisions?

I am looking for major decisions that the Roberts court made from 2005-present. To include their ruling on Affirmative action, Gun control, and Abortion. I know that the Roberts court is more conservative, however, when I look for their major rulings I do not get a list of specific cases. I get a list of every case they have ever presided over which is not helpful and is more like a needle in a hay stack.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am trying to prevent reading till they put me to sleep. I know there are major landmark cases, however, when I do a search it gives me every case they have presided over.

The Gun Control Case was Heller Vs District of Columbia

Abortion? Somebody vs Somebody

Affirmative action? Somebody vs Somebody?

Favorite Answer

Gun Control:

District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago (individual right to bear arms)

Affirmative Action:

Parents v. Seattle and Meredith v. Jefferson (school selection of students by race)

Ricci v. DeStefano (firefighter qualification testing)

Abortion:

Gonzales v. Carhart (partial birth abortion ban)

Go to your local county law library and ask the librarian to show where the Supreme Court reports are. You can read them until they put you to sleep.

• ?

DC gun ban.