Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 years ago

Who thinks Games supposed be about Playing Games to have Fun Not to Win?

Gamers these days only plays games to win not to have fun with the game that games supposed be played & Gamers taking gaming way too seriously & Making it into a Sport but not for entertainment . What happened to gamers these days Why there so ignorant now & They will hate anything if isn't Rated M & It has no Guns in the game.

• Dr.No
    Favorite Answer

that's why i mainly stick to single player games.

it's to avoid whiny people like you.

The point of games is to win. The case you're talking about wherein a player is way to serious about winning happens very rarely. In a usual game of TF2 on the server I play on, it doesn't matter if my team wins or loses so long as the match was evenly pitched. If the game has two even teams, then either way the game goes the game is good. Nobody can have fun if they're getting owned and it isn't fun if the enemy is a pushover.

Most games these days are about winning and leveling up mainly first persons some games are just tedious and not really fun but once in a blue moon you will find a game that is not a FPS multiplayer and that game will be called shadow of the colossus.

And to answer your question gamer are like that these days because they grew up with large amount of

testosterone and Call of duty games which made them into the ******* that we call gamer's today.

I totally agree. Gaming can be exciting and fun even and especially if its not all about winning. But I can say for myself that gun-games such as Call of Duty and Gears of War give you a sense of achievement when you beat others. Especially in Modern Warfare, where getting killstreaks really gets your heart pumping and you feel great when you get that new attack helicopter or bombardment to whoop your opponents. But I agree that many people take gaming way too seriously. Many of my friends are Starcraft addicts and they literally watch Starcraft games as though they were sports. They laugh at those that don't play as well as them. As for the Mature rating thing that you said, I reason that people percieve that Mature ratings are given to intense games that really suck you into the action and are more realistic. This is why many are disappointed when a destruction game such as Burnout gets a Teen Rating. Cheers! Hope you have a good time gaming! Don't worry too much about winning or not! It's for fun anyways!

PS: Don't rage :)

I do. I play games just to enjoy myself.

Games are for fun, if you're in for winning, be realistic and play some paintball or airsoft guns or maybe football whatever, and try to win.

Games are supposed to be like GTA series, infinite fun and ultimate gaming experience. You finish the story, you get the freedom and rights to cause mayhem everywhere. So, perhaps all games should be made sandbox-style.

You're in for fun, I'm in too. Thanks for asking and sharing.

PS: Wait for GTA V, people will realize that this game could change gamers' perspective dramatically.

Weren't some of the the early video games about winning? Pong, Street Fighter, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong. I mean, some people played arcade games only to get the high score.

Here's a film I recommend; it is about two men trying to get the high score in the classic 1982 game Donkey Kong.

King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMJZ-_bJKdI

Youtube thumbnail

I play COD/BF/FPS games for the pure competition as I'm in a professional gaming clan and that's required of me. However, I severely miss the old days of gaming (games back in 2000 and below) I majority play RPG for the fun of them as do most other people. The games nowadays will never and currently have never left the memories that the classics did.

i think games have to have some element of winning otherwise it would not be a game, and this is were the entertainment value comes from. however i do agree, some games have gone O.T.T, e.g Call of duty. some people can prevent others having fun with their unsportsman like comeptiveness

i play to win and have fun and i think people dont like games where you cant directly control them like you can in CoD Halo etc

i think you have a very childish view on gaming and i think you're taking it pretty seriously by posting about it on yahoo answers. you're pretty ignorant yourself to assume none of us play for fun.