Should parents buy their kids condoms?

theres this mom who comes into the drugstore i work at. every so often she'll come with her daughter,no more than 15, to buy condoms. i thought this was crazy -despite who they were for- one day she came in to just buy the condoms alone, and i remarked "oh, for your daughter" this probably wasnt a... show more theres this mom who comes into the drugstore i work at.
every so often she'll come with her daughter,no more than 15, to buy condoms. i thought this was crazy -despite who they were for- one day she came in to just buy the condoms alone, and i remarked "oh, for your daughter" this probably wasnt a good idea due to the fact that its rude and honestly none of my business, but it somewhat bothers me.
she calmly and casually replied: "yeah!"
she went on to explain that she teaches her daughter to buy condoms to learn safe sex.

i was almost appauled although i didnt show it. but i began thinking.. is this the way its should be? they have it at that age anyway.. i lost MY virginity at 15.. but my dad TOLD me a total of two times to wear protection.. simply verbal. and i always did- except with the girl i lost my virginity to. it just seems like common sense. never had an sti- and got checked out three times in my life.

i feel like parents taking their kids to the drugstore to buy them might be promoting early sex and promiscuity.. did you know TECHNICALLY its still illegal for KIDS to have sex under the age of 18?? its still statutory rape...technically.

i would definately talk to my kids more than my parents did [even though i did just fine] but i would def NOT help them out.

should i feel the way i do when they come into my store? <given, as long as i keep my opinions to myself.. what are your thoughts, having kids, or knowing you might some day.
Update: i dont study other state laws of the US. but i live in California. and it is still illeagal for even two minors under the age of 18 to have sex. even though the law is not enforced- at least ive never seen or heard of it- http://www.sexlaws.org/california_statutory_rape i agree that kids should have honest... show more i dont study other state laws of the US. but i live in California. and it is still illeagal for even two minors under the age of 18 to have sex. even though the law is not enforced- at least ive never seen or heard of it-

http://www.sexlaws.org/california_statut...

i agree that kids should have honest relationships with their parents- but how often should you get your child condoms? and how often should they do this? doesnt anyone think that teaching good relationships is the main priority as a parent?
Update 2: no double standards on her because its a daughter.. son or daughter; the son i'd be worried about more, since guys are more prone to promiscuity.
Update 3: actually i would never say that to a customer. i'd be too embarrassed. and besides. why would i risk creating bad blood between a customer whos a regular?? i just felt it wouldnt be the same if i put "i know, i just KNOW theyre for her daughter" or "what if?" because like i said- its none of... show more actually i would never say that to a customer. i'd be too embarrassed. and besides. why would i risk creating bad blood between a customer whos a regular?? i just felt it wouldnt be the same if i put "i know, i just KNOW theyre for her daughter" or "what if?" because like i said- its none of my business, nor any of my concern. she comes in at least once, maybe twice a month to get a big pack of 'her pleasure' trojans- the ones in the purple box.
Update 4: Now Heres my honest opinion on the matter: I actually think its perfectly fine for someone 15 to have sex. it doesnt matter to me as long as they are mature enough to support the consequences. if you can support yourself finacially, you should have the right to do what you please with your body. but if youre not... show more Now Heres my honest opinion on the matter:
I actually think its perfectly fine for someone 15 to have sex. it doesnt matter to me as long as they are mature enough to support the consequences. if you can support yourself finacially, you should have the right to do what you please with your body. but if youre not mature enough to take care of even yourself, you should NOT be sexually active- you could be 15 or 30- it doesnt make a diffrence at all. i will raise my kids according to theyre maturity, and i think you guys are all very inattentive for not taking the maturity of your child into consideration. just because "theyre goig to do it anyway" doesnt mean its ok!!! wtf? Condoms Break & BC fails! why increase the risk if theyre helpless?