Im in a destructive relationship, need advice?

i am 18 (male)and have been dating this girl for just over a year now, before summer we were really good and quite happy, yet due to the distance over summer i drifted apart and for some reason felt like being single to enjoy life more.. silly me, either we went on a break and i kissed a girl in a club. luckily we... show more i am 18 (male)and have been dating this girl for just over a year now, before summer we were really good and quite happy, yet due to the distance over summer i drifted apart and for some reason felt like being single to enjoy life more.. silly me, either we went on a break and i kissed a girl in a club. luckily we fixed it and managed to sort things out but since then for the last 4 months we have been very destructive, fighting, arguing, and now it has come to the point where we fight so much mainly due to family difference and attitudes, I'm quite an arrogant man and she is very emotional. she has thought of breaking up 4 times in the last week yet wants to be with me to try be happy, but she is finding it hard and i am changing in to a better person she knows that but is not sure, she wants to be with me and loves me. I just want to be a good person, i will change regardless and be a better person with or without her, of course id love to be with her. Yet should i let her go and try to be happier elsewhere or really make this relationship work, because as a man, its my duty to. sorry for the essay, just need some advice.
Update: we plan on going to uni together, that was the plan anyway.