1964 Ford Thunderbird Landau Mystery Switch Please Help!?

I've noticed that my 1964 Ford Thunderbird Landau has a switch on a plastic piece of the dash board that is underneath the steering column. The switch has two sides, one side says "lights" and the other says "flasher". This is NOT the emergency flasher switch that you us in case the car breaks down (the hazard lights) . When I have it on the flasher setting the headlights come on (dimmer then usual) even when the light switch is off. It looks to me like the switch IS FACTORY INSTALLED because it has the "FoMoCo" symbol on it (which stands for Ford Motor Co.). I've tried looking at the wiring diagram and I can't find anything that connects to the bottom of the steering column. Could someone please tell me what this switch does and why is it in such a weird place. Thanks.

P.S: I've been told by a few users that my TBird might be an undercover cop car. I doubt it because it doesn't have any lights and I don't think Ford ever made any undercover TBirds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also if you have time check out these sweet videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUw0hABRqKQ

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=context&context=C3e3c26dADOEgsToPDskLknKwtQlfrEnljqlMMVnBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtAWNiaE4k

Youtube thumbnail

&context=C3e3c26dADOEgsToPDskLknKwtQlfrEnljqlMMVnBH

Best Answer

Some T-Birds had sequential flashing rear turn signals. This might be the switch to go from sequential to normal. Is there a box with a motor in the trunk or an upgraded solid state module?

It sounds like an oem emergency flasher swap to me. In 1964 emergency flashers weren't on autos, look in the back of the swap to work out if its connected, bear in mind its over 40 5 years previous and countless human beings have added there very own personalized effect to autos over the years. My previous sixty 4 Galaxie had a swap that became for a burglar alarm and became not connected when I have been given the automobile, it became additionally a toggle variety swap. I bumped off the finished wiring.