Who will win the Academy Award 4 Actress in a Supporting Role?

The nominees are... Bérénice Bejo "The Artist" Jessica Chastain "The Help" Melissa McCarthy "Bridesmaids" Janet McTeer "Albert Nobbs" Octavia Spencer "The Help" I think choosing McTeer 2 win would be like picking Murray State to reach the Final Four while... show more The nominees are...

Bérénice Bejo "The Artist"
Jessica Chastain "The Help"
Melissa McCarthy "Bridesmaids"
Janet McTeer "Albert Nobbs"
Octavia Spencer "The Help"

I think choosing McTeer 2 win would be like picking Murray State to reach the Final Four while choosin' a actress from "The Help" is like picking a Big Ten team to go just as far. (Pardon me for the basketball simile although I might give a thumbs-up to an Answerer who appreci8s both good cinema & NCAA basketball.) I only saw "Bridesmaids." I'm amazed of how stellar the Emmy-winning McCarthy is; I didn't expect her 2 vie for a Oscar, 2. If she wins (w/ wouldn't be so bad), she might attract fans who aren't put off by something as pretentious as "The Artist" (which doesn't play at my nearest theatre.) Bejo's attractive, like Kimberly Williams-Paisley w/ a French accent. She might become the next French actress since Marion Cotillard to win over the past few years. My smart pick is Bejo, just to carry on "The Artist"'s momentum. Next on the pecking order is either actress from "The Help." My sentimental pick is McCarthy; she might go for a Tony later on in her career if she has a Emmy in her hand & picks up that Oscar in the other.

So who do you like? Anyone in awe of Janet McTeer? The 84th Oscars is on February 26 on ABC.