Who will win the Academy Award 4 Actress in a Supporting Role?

The nominees are...

Bérénice Bejo "The Artist"

Jessica Chastain "The Help"

Melissa McCarthy "Bridesmaids"

Janet McTeer "Albert Nobbs"

Octavia Spencer "The Help"

I think choosing McTeer 2 win would be like picking Murray State to reach the Final Four while choosin' a actress from "The Help" is like picking a Big Ten team to go just as far. (Pardon me for the basketball simile although I might give a thumbs-up to an Answerer who appreci8s both good cinema & NCAA basketball.) I only saw "Bridesmaids." I'm amazed of how stellar the Emmy-winning McCarthy is; I didn't expect her 2 vie for a Oscar, 2. If she wins (w/ wouldn't be so bad), she might attract fans who aren't put off by something as pretentious as "The Artist" (which doesn't play at my nearest theatre.) Bejo's attractive, like Kimberly Williams-Paisley w/ a French accent. She might become the next French actress since Marion Cotillard to win over the past few years. My smart pick is Bejo, just to carry on "The Artist"'s momentum. Next on the pecking order is either actress from "The Help." My sentimental pick is McCarthy; she might go for a Tony later on in her career if she has a Emmy in her hand & picks up that Oscar in the other.

So who do you like? Anyone in awe of Janet McTeer? The 84th Oscars is on February 26 on ABC.

• Favorite Answer

I'm in awe of all that is McTeer! When I was pondering about who would be the nominees back in December...I never would've thought Chastain would snag it for The Help, if anything, her highlight was the deeply believable mother in "The Tree of Life." She had an extraordinary year nonetheless. I feel, she really would've had a fighting chance if the voters were judging her on the Tree of Life role than The Help one. [Chastain probably not]

[Bejo] I feel she or Octavia Spencer will probably win. Why? Because, The Artist will probably, most definitely, lead in the amount of wins this year. Bejo winning is not a possibility anyone should rule out.

[Octavia] Octavia Spencer's win at the Globes as supporting-actress for "The Help," definitely gives her front-runner status for the same prize at the Oscars.

[Janet McTeer] If she wins it's be very Very surprising, a good surprise-- I wouldn't mind it. But can't say I'd feel utterly disappointed for Octavia and Melissa (personal favourite).

[Melissa] Melissa McCarthy for "Bridesmaids" was deserved. Her chubby, butch gal pal was an original, a woman whose authenticity stole every scene -- and incidentally, a character we'll remember better than the leads. If I were a voter, I'd pick her to win. But unfortunately...we all know McCarthy is a rare funny lady competing at the Oscars, which rarely honor performances in mainstream comedies such as "Bridesmaids."

Who'll win: Octavia Spencer

Fighting chance: Bernice Bejo

Who should win: Melissa McCarthy

EDIT: A glaring ommision from this category, I feel, is Shailene Woodley (for The Descendants). Definitely an Oscar-worthy performance-she was toe-toe-toe throughout the film with Clooney. Never overshadowing, always commanding presence.

Well, I have seen all four movies, and I can honestly say that they all earned their nominations. McTeer's role was probably the most challenging, while McCarthy's seemed like the easiest. (After all, she was cuddling puppies and making out with her husband.)

I think Spencer is going to win the award. She's won most of the big awards going into the Oscars, so she's poised to take that one home as well. I'd say she and Christopher Plummer are the most obvious locks going into the awards, so I'd be shocked if she didn't take it.

Definetly Octavia Spencer should win

Shes won a Golden Globe, A Critics Choice

and that definetly makes her front runner for the Oscar

Plus shes very down to earth

and I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Octavia Spencer will win, no question.

1) She is a minority - they're still very conscious of their "image" (the Academy)

2) Her film was enormously popular, her character was amusing, and

3) The Help will most likely will not win anything else

Yup, bank it.