Pengfei asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

why are giants called world champions?

They are the U.S national champions. No other country plays American football. It's just ridiculous. The real world cups are the soccer(real football) world cup and rugby world cup. Btw, why is there a quarterback in american football, it should all be laterals.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • blm
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Well the Giants are the champions of the league which has the best gridiron players in the world. Doesn't that make them the best team in the world, and hence "world champs".

As for the QB, is for the same reason the terms "five-eighths" back and "three-quarters" back are used in rugby -- its something in between and the scrummage/scrimmage and the full back. "Quarter-back" because he takes a position between the linemen and the half backs.

Rugby uses a similar formual. "Half back" refers the scrumhalf and/or the flyhalf. The fly half can also be called the "first five-eights" -- between the scrum "half" and the centres. Then "second five-eights" becomes your inside centre and "three-quarters" are the outside centre and your wingers. Its all very mathematical.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Same reason that the championship in baseball is called the World Series. They're the best in the world at American football.

I do like rugby, but I love football more. The strategy is unparalleled in any other game, (Rugby and soccer have strategy, but nothing like the coordination of play-by-play action) and it strikes the perfect balance between suspense and speed. There's absolutely nothing like watching a fourth-quarter drive down the field in the last two minutes.

(Pats fan. Good game, Giants. It was an awesome game. Good, hard, clean football)

• 8 years ago

The Super Bowl champs are considered the World Champs in football...Soccer is for p*ssies....

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There are other countries that have American Football leagues

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Other countries play football, they just play football with America's castoffs.

Kind of like how America plays soccer with the rest of the world's castoffs.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I agree that they should only be national champions, but without forward passes the game is too repetitive

• 8 years ago

Because Eli Manning is a wizard. How many times do I have to educate everyone on this?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

because the monkey taught the zebra about how to eat the bannana

• Nick
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Cause they won the superbowl.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.