Why didn't the Giants want that last touchdown?

That guy tried not to go into the end zone....why?

Were they trying to run down the clock or something?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He was running the clock down. The Patriots let him score, that's why the defense put no effort into that play. He recognized that and tried to stop to force the Patriots to get him rather than walk into the endzone.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Too much time on the clock, so Brady had a chance to come back in the last few seconds. A field goal would have allowed them to drain more time off the clock when Brady got the ball back; wait until the play clock was nearly zero before kicking the field goal. But Brady wasn't that good, so it ended up not mattering.

• They wanted to run the clock down to not give Tom Brady as much time on the clock as they did and would have been content with the fieldgoal attempt to win the game leaving Tom Brady little to no time to mount a comeback attempt. In the end though it all worked out for the Giants.

• holder
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Lol i'm sorry Sarra i understand your a Pats fan and that i'm actual a form of human beings that concept the Pats were going to win by technique of about 10. yet Tom Brady underpressure is like Rex Grossman throwing inclusive of his off hand lol. You gotta admit that once Eli scrambled away and managed to get it off some how and Tyree catching that staggering bypass became fantastic. So certain...Tears =)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Run the clock down so Brady didn't get the ball back with much time

• 9 years ago

Here's what would have been GREAT, HISTORIC play; keep your balance, don't step over the line, watch for defenders and watch the clock. Wait for a second left and THEN roll into the end zone!!!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They were trying to run the clock down.

• 9 years ago

Well, they did. They just thought they wouldn't get it. They were going to try to set up a field goal but the receiver blew it. . .and scored a touchdown!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They are a tricky bunch..

I have that play...recorded..

I'll check it later..and be back with more info../

=======

Haven't looked at the video yet--but the NEWS

channel said he was eating up the clock.

• 9 years ago

I don't know why the Giants didn't just run around the field and eat up time on the two point conversion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.