If the concept of eternal security (once saved, always saved) is true?

Can I, as a believer in Jesus, look up lesbian porn and have an orgy with a bunch of girls all the time? I was saved once, right?

Favorite Answer

That is the doctrine of the Protestant. The Catholic believes in what Jesus says- read the passage below, and also James 2 (Faith and Works).

God bless you!

+++

Matthew 25:31-46

The Message (MSG)

The Sheep and the Goats

31-33"When he finally arrives, blazing in beauty and all his angels with him, the Son of Man will take his place on his glorious throne. Then all the nations will be arranged before him and he will sort the people out, much as a shepherd sorts out sheep and goats, putting sheep to his right and goats to his left.

34-36"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,

I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,

I was homeless and you gave me a room,

I was shivering and you gave me clothes,

I was sick and you stopped to visit,

I was in prison and you came to me.'

37-40"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'

41-43"Then he will turn to the 'goats,' the ones on his left, and say, 'Get out, worthless goats! You're good for nothing but the fires of hell. And why? Because—

I was hungry and you gave me no meal,

I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,

I was homeless and you gave me no bed,

I was shivering and you gave me no clothes,

Sick and in prison, and you never visited.'

44"Then those 'goats' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn't help?'

45"He will answer them, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me—you failed to do it to me.'

46"Then those 'goats' will be herded to their eternal doom, but the 'sheep' to their eternal reward."

yes its true

Can I, as a believer in Jesus, look up lesbian porn and have an orgy with a bunch of girls all the time?

no because that is sinning

when your saved you don't seek to commit sin or continuously live in sin

once your saved changed and regenerated by the holy spirit your saved for eternity

why do you think its called eternal life?

its not called limited life or life only as long as you want it to be

faith without good deeds is useless. If you truly believe in Jesus and accept him as your savior, you would follow him. You can follow him by reading the bible and following what is written there, since that is how it's supposed to be.

If you look up lesbian porn and have an orgy with a bunch of girls all the time, or do other defiled things, then it is useless. You're only taking advantage of Christ's suffering by continuing your immoral ways. Accepting Jesus as your savior means letting go of your past "bad" self and renewing yourself into a new and morally good person.

Yes, but if you were saved, you should have a gut feeling that it isn't right and abstain from it. Now, no one is perfect, and some of us struggle with a particular sin all our lives, but if you give in to sin big-time like that, it gives others pause to wonder if you truly are saved. I mean, porn is a hard sin to ignore, what with it free on the internet, but an orgy takes a lot of planning and organization. I had a hard time just getting friends together when I went home for Christmas.

The doctrine of eternal security means that once a person is declared righteous by God that person has no more condemnation (Romans 8:1)...The order of salvation is like domino effect: "Those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." (Romans 8:30) Those justified (declared righteous) by God will be sanctified and glorified by him as well. Justification by God is a one-time event, sanctification is a continuous process...... Your use of CAN is ambiguous... CAN can connote allowance or possibility... CAN i sin even if i am already saved (that is, Am I allowed to transgress God's law?)... Obviously, NO! The Holy God doesn't allow anyone to violate his law...God's grace doesn't give allowance for sin... CAN i still sin even if I am already saved? (that is, will I still commit sin even if I am saved)... YES. Because our sanctification will only be completed in heaven... The real question NOW is, are we REALLY saved/justified by God? ... Does our way of living shows we are being sanctified?... The holy equation is, if A (=justified), then B (=sanctified); not B, then not A... The cure for self-deception is self-examination... Please note the difference:

"A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud." (2 Peter 2:22) Note that here, mere "cosmetic improvement" doesn't mean salvation... There was no change of nature at all

"if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Cor 5:17)

@dancnthedream: please take note that Matt 7:23 does NOT refute OSAS.. note the word "NEVER" Jesus didn't say," I knew you people before, but now, no more"... The force of Jesus words is: " I have at no time known you people!" Stern warning, indeed... Some who considered themselves Christ's diciples would end up to be called by Him "workers of lawlessness."

please take note that some of the response here are from JWs (judging from their quotes from NWT) who doesn't know the difference between justification vs. sanctification and who argue that justification/salvation is faith + work... The gospel is summed up in this words: GRACE ALONE= We can do nothing to make God love us more, we can do nothing to make God love us less... Any dilution of the gospel of grace by mixing works with it is unacceptable.

No. According to the teachings of Scripture just because you are a baptized Christian (being saved) does no guarantee salvation. Jesus made it a point just because you cry Lord, Lord, that does not mean your a disciple of His, and even St. Paul said it just because you received His Grace, if your not careful His Grace can be lost because of mortal sin. As St. Paul had said to the Christians you must work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

The other part about being a Christian is to live within His Grace which had been received through the baptism in His death. So what good is having faith if you don't apply it to your everyday life?

Source(s): Catholic Christian

They would say, if you truly believed and were saved, then even a lesbian orgy cannot separate you from the love of God.

More likely they would say you were never saved to begin with. I dunno how they can say that if you received Jesus as your Lord and savior, but they do. What else can they say? Go to your orgy?

Christians can make all sorts of poor and evil choices and yet be saved by the grace of God.... perhaps you need to read Romans 8.... NOTHING shall separate us [those who have put faith in Christ] from the love of God in Christ Jesus. The prior verses emphasize the absoluteness of the NOTHING. Few serious Bible scholars deny the validity of eternal security.

The greatest evidence to know your saved is that your life begins to change and your relationship toward sin changes as well. In your case you probably were not saved from the start.

OSAS is a wish that will never come true.

Scripture in Matthew 7: 23 Christ shows that he will turn people away from the Kingdom.