Girls! Should I apologize? 10 PTS FIRST ANSWER?

Ok here's my situation. There's a really shy girl at my school who I liked. My friend Steve knew I liked her(I have NO idea how he found out), and he messaged her on Facebook and told her I liked her, and then he asked her if she liked me. She said no, she didn't like me. 

Before Steve messaged her, me and this girl were slowly becoming friends. Now she's really awkward around me though and doesn't say much. Even if she doesn't "love" me back, I at least want to continue being friends. I feel so bad because I'm sure she feels awkward.

Would it be bad to go up and apologize? Here's what I'm considering saying.

"Hey, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about what Steve did. I hope it doesn't make you feel awkward around me. I like you a lot, and i think you're a really awesome girl, but I'd be totally happy if we could just keep being friends. Could we?"

Is this ok?? I love her from the bottom of my my heart, and even if she doesn't love me back, I still want to be friends. She's a wonderful girl

Best Answer

Yeah you should talk to her but just say Hey, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about what Steve did. I hope it doesn't make you feel awkward around me I'd be totally happy if we could just keep being friends. Could we?"

The thing about still liking her might make her feel pressured and awkward. if she asks just say u used to have a little crush . if its meant to be it'll happen. Also steve doesn't sound to nice

Aww cute way to talk to a girl. You don't have to apologize but u should say that to the girl so she would know that your a nice guy and who u really are

Sure, you can do that. Very sweet and cool of you to handle it in such a good way!

yes! say that! i had something similar happen to me with a guy i liked but i didnt say anything and i regret it!

Source(s): personal experience

that's fine, you're a nice guy David.