How to restrict access to the internet?

What I am trying to do is set up a schedule for when a person is allowed to access the internet. Currently the setup is cable internet through Motorola SURFboard and then routed through a D-Link DIR-655 and then the restricted computers access the internet through wireless. Currently the router is set on a... show more What I am trying to do is set up a schedule for when a person is allowed to access the internet. Currently the setup is cable internet through Motorola SURFboard and then routed through a D-Link DIR-655 and then the restricted computers access the internet through wireless.
Currently the router is set on a schedule to restrict access to the internet from 11pm to 6am based on the restricted computers mac addresses and this has been performing without problem.
However now one of the restricted computers that is a laptop has been going into the computer area and connecting directly to the modem by Ethernet bypassing the routers restrictions.
Is there any way I can lock the modem and router in a box perhaps? Or is there some way I can disable the Ethernet port on the laptop in way that cannot be bypassed? Any ideas would be helpful, right now locking it in a box seems like the only option but I know that's not good for the wireless signal.
The laptop is not owned by me, so I cant permanently damage it, nor can I put time limits on how it is used, I can only limit access to the internet.
1 answer 1