Help with pirouette/double pirouette?

I am trying out for pom in april and I wanted to get some turns and leaps down before I went to better my chances and all,so I youtubed pirouettes and I can do a single easily, but my question is, do dancers do pirouettes and double pirouettes barefoot? Also any advice for the double pirouette would be nice! I've done a few good ones but I had a sock on my foot haha

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you can do pirouettes barefoot but it is harder because there is more traction. on pom teams, the girls normally wear jazz shoes (black or tan depending on the coach and uniform)

when you are doing your double you have to spot faster and push off harder. Start in a deeper plié. When you are in the turn make sure all of your muscles are tight. Keep your arms rounded, your foot in pase, and keep your heal up in releve. I have learned a few tricks over the years to getting a double. When you turn think Up Up or when counting think 5 6 prep 7 8 1 1 instead of 5 6 7 8 1 2. think of it as 2 single pirouettes in a row. This helped me soooooo much and now I can even do a triple.

you should keep working on your leaps and some dance teams make you do a toetouch. You will also kneed to learn a skill to show them. I would suggest a calypso or an axel or something fun like tat. The axel if really easy after you get the hang of it :)

Keep it up and tell me how it goes.

Source(s): 12 years of dance triple pirouette 3 years of dance team www.youtube.com/user/dancedaydream - I will be putting up tutorials on basic dance skills soon starting with stretching wich will be up today. :)
  • 8 years ago

whether you do pirouettes with bare feet or not depends on the studio and what the teachers want. at my studio we do all our classes apart from ballet/pointe barefoot, but most other studios use jazz shoes, socks or foot undies/thongs.

Source(s): dancer
  • 8 years ago

No i dont. I am in ballet and jazz and i do double pirhouettes wearing ballet/jazz shoes. It might work for you barefoot though! Good luck! :)

• 8 years ago

Try Capezio FootUndeez. They cover the balls of your feet for easy turns, but leave the pads of you toes bare the way you want them to be for your other dance mover.

They also look really nice.

http://www.yougogirldancewear.com/Capezio-Heart-Fo...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.