Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 8 years ago

In Lanzarote, What is there to do?

I'm going to South Lanzarote with my Dad, Step-Mum, Step-sisters (13 & 14) and half-sister (3). I'm 12 and I'm looking forward to spending 2 weeks in the sun at "Seaside Hotel-Los Jameos De Playa", it's a nice resort but it doesn't look like it has many child/teen facilities.

If somebody has been here or around the area can you suggest some awesome places to go.

I'm into nature, sports, music and stuff.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Well, if you're into nature and sport, Lanzarote has a lot of awesome places to offer. The downside is that they're all over the island. Public transport isn't bad, but it's centered on Arrecife, so you'd have to change buses for most locations. Bike rental would be another option, but there are a few reasons why Lanzarote is a favourite training camp for professional cycling teams - cycling there is exhausting, both from the climate and the mountains.

If you can get your parents to rent a car (quite cheap - at least compare to continental Europe), you'll have no trouble getting everywhere. Otherwise, you'll probably be stuck in Puerto del Carmen (ok, you could walk the coastal path up to and past Arrecife, if you wanted to, but I'd doubt your parents will let you). From the map, there's a diving base right next to your hotel, and the diving around Lanzarote (and all the Canaries) is suposed to be very nice (haven't dived there myself - yet).

If you're into geocaching ( www.geocaching.com ), there are a few very nice caches on the island - we tried the Guanche Mystery caches ( http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=gu... ) last time, didn't manage to find all of them (ok, only one cache...), but the locations (and their history) where m*sh hid those caches are simply awesome.

If you have the time, try to plan for one day on La Graciosa, the small neighbouring island to Lanzarote. Nothing to do there but to walk (or cycle) around and spend some time on a couple (or three) of the nicest beaches of the Canaries. If you want to collect seashells and stuff, try the rocky areas between La Santa and Caleta de Caballo (park at Caleta de Caballo and walk south from there, past the beach).

Your hotel is in the resort Matagorda/Puerto del carmen.

If your parents rent a car, you can go to the Aquapark (open from April) in Costa Teguise, there is a also an aquarium in this resort.

Learn surfing can be also a nice experience, at Famara Beach, on the north of Lanzarote.

Closer to your resort, you have Puerto Calero, you will find there great Catamaran or Submarine trips.

For some of the listed excursions above you wont need a car, as they come to pick you at the hotel. Ask the front desk of your hotel for details.

Have nice vacations )