Jen asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

my dog is all of a sudden walking like shes drunk and just sits there and sways side to side what is this?

my 8 mo old chihuhua is walking sideways like she drunk and then just sits there swaying side to side and blinking her eyes, we have been at a party and ive only taken her out to potty and walk around a bit then she was back in the crate in the room where the kids where playing im wondering if one of the kids took her out and shook her or something i dont know why shes is doing this and she was fine all day what could this be ?

i keep an eye on her all night she was fine after awhile she just went to sleep i know the kids didnt fed her anything cause we didnt have any chocolate at the party i know my nephew took her out but they said he just held her idk what else it could of been but this morning she was running around like nothing happend happy as could be thanks for the comments though :)

Favorite Answer

If she seems spaced out, could be a seizure. Call the vet now, please.

maybe the kids fed her something kinda sounds like she was at the party too lol choclate is very bad for dogs sounds like she is disoranted my brothers dog ate a joint an omg thought he was gonna die but thats what he did swayed an seamed drunk but i also had a dog when i first started breeding an im not trying to scare ya but my dog had parvo an he walked around like he was weak an he was pooping a lot of corse getting her to the vet would be the best thing so u know for sure whats going on if its something she ate she should be a lil better in the morning hope this helps

Source(s): dog owner an breeder for 12 years

It's a medical emergency. It sounds like she's eaten something toxic or may be suffering from a serious neurological problem. This should not wait until morning, find a veterinarian with an after-hours on call number immediately.

she's either ingested something toxic, or is in some other type of medical trouble. get her to the vet.

Go to the vet now.