If I'm a foreign registered nurse will I have a job in USA?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

i am a foreign registered nurse too and we migrated here in the USA.

there are many american nurses who are unemployed here and thats why they stop hiring foreign nurses.

and its so frustrating to meet the minimum requirements here if u were educated outside the USA. u need to go to college here in order to meet their minimum requirements. USA now is not hiring foreign workers...

• Suze
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

You would need to be hired first. You then enter on an a work visa.

Nursing is not a profession there is a shortage of in the US. In fact, with so many illegals closing down hospitals or hospitals consolidating, there is not much chance you will be hired. Think of it as taking a job away from a US citizen who is already skilled and looking for work.

You can research what is involved but you would need to be educated and take the state licensing exam in the US.

• 8 years ago

First off, all education abroad is NOT equal. Board Certification is required, then,

a hospital hiring you in order to obtain an H1B visa.

Problem is, those are not offered at the present time for nursing as the field is saturated.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No all nurses have to be USA trained now

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

No ..there have been no nurse visas since 2006

• 8 years ago

No, you must be US RN to have a job in US as a nurse.

• 8 years ago

No, you will need to take a course to bring your qualifications up to US standards and get a license.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If qualified yes you can be employed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.