promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
xo asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Some help with my plotline?

In my story, there's a family of thieves where the mother wants them to go the straight way and they all move to a new town to start over. The main character is the youngest daughter who continues to steal with her father and siblings without her mother knowing. Basically what happens is when stealing something the girl alone gets caught but the police want her to work for them undercover in her new town because the town is filled with drugs and murder. How should she get caught (as in what was she doing and how did she get caught and not the rest of her family) and how should she convince her family that the police just let her go? Thanks :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How old is this youngest daughter? Police wouldn't endanger a kid or preteen by dragging them into a business with drugs and murder. It would even be hard for them to get the okay from their superiors if she was a teen. And why do they think she can help them? She steals; she isn't involved in the drug selling or the murders.

Anyway, she could steal something from school, like the other user said, or from a store. However, it might be better for her to have pick pocketed, and been caught with, a drug dealer's phone and wallet. the police would then keep an eye on her. Since she would be smart enough to tell them she found the phone and she would have thrown away the dealer's ID, the poilce would only be able to question her and later keep an eye on her. She wouldn't be able to keep this from her parents. Her father or an older sibling should know.

Hope this helped.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

perhaps she was at school (assuming she attends school)

and waited until everyone left for lunch then snuck back into the classroom and started stealing things. Books, papers, staplers, maybe a laptop...? and the teacher walks in and catches her? For me thats a pretty believable way for her to get caught.

hope this helped!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.