Adam asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Am I ugly? (Male, 13 y/o including pic)?

You all can express your personal opinions I really don't mind. Thats why I came here. I just asked out a girl and she said no. I'm just looking for closure. Rate 1-10 please too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/75902907@N06/68157082...

Favorite Answer

I think you are a nice looking guy Graham..Love your smile. Someone like you should have more self confidence.. I understand being 13 and all those hormonal changes and being a teenager can cause insecurities but you look like a boy with self confidence when you smile..smile more often and you definitely don't look ugly. People and girls like a guy with a sense of humor. Anyway you look handsome and I would have thought you might be older..

No more self doubts...you are an 8 out of 10 but don't forget that personality counts for more than looks so if you have charisma, if you are a nice guy, a good friend, a good listener, have a sense of humor, have compassion for others and are open minded..then you are a 10 out of 10...because character definitely is even more important than looks..if you got as nice a character as you look then you are the full package...then you are really a great guy..x

If you asked out a girl that doesn't mean she said ''no'' because of your looks. If she is 13 she might be feeling too young to date anyone. Girls can be shy as well and when I was 13 i was shy of guys and I would have thought if a guy had asked me out that he might want to start a relationship and I definitely did not feel ready for that at 13...I was a late bloomer. I was having romantic thoughts of a guy holding hands but I definitely did not want to be intimate with a boy at 13...I would have been scared that he might want to take this whole dating experience to another higher level ...so I would have blushed even if I liked the guy and have been quite awkward and probably stuttered and said'' I like you but I don't know if I am ready for a date...what do you have in mind?''

I am sure the girl did not reject you because of her looks but if she is 13 like you she may feel this is too young and she might think you are after seriously dating...so I am sure if you just talk casually to a girl you like and ask if you can't be friends and sometimes go out then it takes the pressure of her, because then she knows you will be patient and not look for some deep romantic relationship but for a friendship and I am sure a girl would like to be friends with you and hang out with you and spend time with you as long as you don't try to take advantage of her...x

Listen, you're adorable. Finding closure with something personal by going to strangers makes no sense. Furthermore, needing closure for a relationship that hadn't even begun yet is quite silly. Let's not use terms we don't understand, yeah? Her saying no may have nothing to do with your looks, frankly. There is a massive gamut of other options. Maybe she's gay, or has her eye on someone else already, isn't ready to date, thinks of you as a good friend/brother figure, knows one of her best friends likes you and she doesn't want to offend them by dating you. Maybe she truly thinks you look like a moldy turd. That's for her to tell you, not us. We can't possibly know that answer.

Nope!!

And when you get older you'll be even more attractive then you already are right now!