Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 8 years ago

Is $35 an hour a good pay there in Honolulu Hawaii? Should I accept this job offer? I just got offered a nursi?

I just got offered a nursing position there in Honolulu Hawaii. They are offering me $35 an hour. Is that a good pay to live a comfortable life there? I hear the cost of living is very high there.

I am an RN, single white female in my 20's, with 2 years of experience as a full time ER nurse. Right now I make only $28 an hour here in south Carolina. This may seem like a no brainier but I heard it is very expensive to live in Hawaii. Thank you for your time.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cost of living in South Carolina is no where near the high cost of living in Hawaii. To me, $28 an hour in South Carolina is more than $35 an hour in Hawaii.

To give you an idea on housing:

Apartments http://www.apartments.com

$1325 - $1350 625 square feet (1 bath)

$1450 - $1550 806 sq ft (1 bath)

$1375 - $1425 requires $1375 deposit 485 - 582 sq. ft. (1 bath)

$1550 - $1650 requires $1550 deposit 732 - 760 sq. ft (1 bath)

Not to mention taxes, food, transportation.

Now if this was something you wanted to do for a couple of years to travel and such, why not? However, if you get there and don't like your job......what options would you have? I would definitely encourage some back up plans. You are young though, best time to travel and experience the world.

Good luck!

Source(s): observations
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Hawaii may be the 50th state of the United States of America and is located nearly at the centre of the North Pacific Ocean thing that makes from Hawaii a good selection for an incredible holiday, with hotelbye you'll discover more. The natural elegance of the islands remains one of Hawaii's best assets. One of the very interesting areas to visit in Hawaii is Volcanoes National Park. That bunch offers a unique, up close search at a dynamic volcano and the recent landscape produced by a volcano. Warm lava moves down the pile part, and dry lava addresses the trail, featuring its unstoppable force. Still another place worth visit is the memorial Visitors Center, a center that delivers historic informative data on the Harbor and the Japanese assault and the Battleship USS Missouri.

• 8 years ago

It is very expensive to live there, and some luxuries offered on mainland USA are not offered in Honolulu. Everything in Hawaii is imported from quite a distance so many goods should be expensive. If anything get another job close to the state in which you live that pays more.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It is more expensive to live in Hawaii. But I'm sure that with a $35 an hour job, you'd get by. I'm also sure that you probably just became like the most elegable bachelorette in south Carolina.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Home to the State Capitol, Honolulu could be the vibrant epicentre of Hawaii and a city worth visit, as you might find with hotelbye . In Honolulu you will discover everything from historic landmarks and valued monuments to world-class shopping and a flourishing arts and tradition scene. Home to the majority of Oahu's population, the expansive town of Honolulu advances through the entire south-eastern shores of Oahu, from Pearl Harbor to Makapuu Point, encompassing world famous Waikiki. Pearl Harbor is one of Honolulu's greatest tourist attractions. Though it is house to the Navy's Pacific Fleet, visitors may take a visit to see the USS Arizona Memorial, and the USS Missouri.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The $7 p/hr increase will be eaten up by the cost of living so if you are transferring only because of the money you won't be gaining anything. If you want a change of venue Hawaii is great. Good Luck

• 8 years ago

Tell them for $40 you will take it. In AK you start out at $28 hour minimum. Not bad but not great. Hawaii is more expensive too. But at $40? You'd be good.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Man it doesn't matter- you're in Hawaii. Go sleep on the beach.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.