Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Is $35 an hour a good pay there in Honolulu Hawaii? Should I accept this job offer? I just got offered a nursi?

I just got offered a nursing position at a hospital there in Honolulu Hawaii. They are offering me $35 an hour. Is that a good pay to live a comfortable life there? I hear the cost of living is very high there.

I am an RN, single white female in my 20's, with 2 years of experience as a full time ER nurse. Right now I make only $28 an hour here in south Carolina. This may seem like a no brainier but I heard it is very expensive to live in Hawaii. Thank you for your time.

Favorite Answer

r u hot?

Hawaii is very expensive, but what is a good salary depends on you. There are salary comparison calculators that will give you a good idea based on where you live now. http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costofliving/costof...

Keep in mind, you do get to live in Hawaii. That might make it worth a bit less money if you are in Newark or something.

Added: I just ran it....you'd need about $50 to break even. So you would be making considerably less.

You'll probably have to get a room ate to share an apartment. Google their apartment rentals. You'll find them quite high. Food is also not cheap and stay away from the tourists.

I would ask for more.

If they say no, stay where you are. Being valuable in an area like that means a lot.

Moving from SC to HI is the real no-brainer here.

Go for it.

Marry me.

Why are there so many a$$holes deliberately posting questions in the wrong category?