I fell in love with the wrong girl?

I hung out with a girl out of sympathy and she got the impression that I was leading her on, just because I was being nice to her. She has had a horrible past, and I just for some reason was the first one, she said, who she was able to be her self around and who ever understood her. But I mean, I just liked her as a friend. I didn't find her attractive at all. But see, she and I hung out and went out on "dates" and we talked all the time, especially since we had the same engineering classes together. I slowly started developing feelings for her and then I stopped talking to her cause I didn't wanna fall for her. Now, I started talking to her and I feel like I am starting to fall hard. I CAN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH HER!!! She isn't the type of girl that I even like. And there is just something about all of this that doesn't give me a good feeling. But like I said, I am falling for her anyway... Why would this happen to me?

Its just that I know everything about her past, and I kinda look down upon it. Plus, she is being really clingy and idk like she sees me as her "hero" type person, when all I wanted to do is be nice!

Well she did run away because I told her I would not go out with her - 19 YR OLD WOMAN MIND YOU!! Hence, me starting to "date" her...

Love is a complicated thing. She may not be your type, but if you falling in love with her, then you are. It's sort of like how opposites attract. Give her a chance, or if you really don't want to fall in love with that girl, then i suggest you tell her you only see her as a friend. But beware, this will break her heart and she might stop talking to you. When that happens, you may feel hurt since you are falling for her. I'm also starting to get feelings for my guy friend, but he isn't my type. I'm sort of in the opposite situation as you, but i don't know if he feels the same way about me or thinks like you.

Good luck!

Okay, so first of all, you can't control who you love and why is she the wrong girl. Maybe she is the wrong girl for you. You shouldn't hang out with any one out of sympathy, that is what is wrong. Not the girl, not you, but the sympathy.

If you feel sorry for some one, you pray for them. This is how it is. So, you weren't really attracted to her but some how you were leading her on but you didn't mean to do all that. You were just trying to be her friend. I mean, I can understand being some one's friend, but don't be that friend who feels sorry for them. Trust me, people don't really like that.

They know when you feel sorry for them. They know. Your falling in love with her, and I have no idea why. Maybe it's because opposites attract that's why. So, you look down on her past, really why. It's not your life nor your past. That sounds more like you were trying to make her your girlfriend, then just trying to be nice to her. Just saying. Maybe that's not really what you were trying to do, but from my point of view that's how it seems to be.

How did she run away and still be clingy at the same time. See, that just sounds so confusing really. So, now your in love with her and you don't know what to do. But, you were only your friend because you felt sorry for her. So, you start "dating" her and now your in love with her.

Well, I'm not too sure what I should say to this, but good luck to ya! : )

are girls that fall in love with the missionaries going to heck? - beats me. i think it's okay, and normal, to have those feelings. acting upon those feelings, however, is an entirely different story. i always find it really sad how some teenage birds 'investigate' about the church and get baptised and all not because they are interested or moved by the spirit, but because they fancy a particular missionary, and when the missionary leaves the area, they go less active. i am wondering whether this post is rooted from a personal encounter of the situation. i also wonder who this question addresses: the girls who fall in love with missionaries, or the missionaries who respond to the girls who fall in love with them.

The only thing i know is you cant tell yourself who to love and who to not , and similarly you cant have all the people you love in your life . I think you love her and still don't wanna be with her because of her past and may be you know even both of you cant be happy in the future. You can save yourself from all the trouble by breaking up with her. You must try to spend a few months without her , if your love is true u ll not be able to get over her. In that way you ll know what you really want.

You are falling for her hard, just as you said, and it's gonna last. Experience. I just don't see the problem. She likes you and you're starting to like her, you have same interests... It's just that she isn't physically attractive to you? Or you feel weird for not starting to build relationship like that from the very beginning? Just get over it, it's not like you get chance like that every day! *remembers it's the same for her* Erm... just do it, okay?

I dare you to ask her out until Valentine's day. :P

Source(s): Been there, done that.

You know, it's not easy when someone is trying to pressure you to fall in love with them. Sounds like she is forcing herself on you. What can you do?

Just go to the airport and fly away. Move to the other side of the country. Stories don't always have a happy ending.

She'll get over it.

If you love her you cant change that!!!! But if not then be straight foward with her. The longer you lead her on, the worse it will be later!!! Peace.

-Gabby G.

• The dark side is strong. Give in to your hate... lol

No, just kiddin..

haha. Tell her to back the **** off!

• gw

just tell her it's over...

.

sh*t happens...

.

good luck...

.