Girls!! Should I apologize? 10 PTS FIRST ANSWER?

Ok first of I'm NOT GOING TO GIVE 10 PTS TO THE FIRST ANSWER UNLESS IT IS ACTUALLY AN ANSWER. None of this "thanks for the 10 PTS" or "first" crap.

Ok here's my situation. There's a really shy girl at my school who I liked. My friend Steve knew I liked her(I have NO idea how he found out), and he messaged her on Facebook and told her I liked her, and then he asked her if she liked me. She said no, she didn't like me. 

Before Steve ruined everything, me and this girl were slowly becoming friends. Now she's really awkward around me though and doesn't say anything. Even if she doesn't "love" me back, I at least want to continue being friends. I feel so horrible and awkward, and i feel bad for her because I know she feels awkward too.

Would it be bad to go up and apologize? Here's what I'm considering saying. Tell me if you think it's ok.

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize for Steve did. I never meant for you to know, and I feel really bad you found out because I know it probably made you feel awkward too. I do like you, and i think you're a really cool girl, but I'd be totally happy if we could just keep being friends. Could we?"

Is this ok?? I love her from the bottom of my my heart, and even if she doesn't love me back, I still want to be friends. She's a wonderful girl

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes apologize !!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Aww, I feel really bad about what your friend did! However, I think you should apologize for what your friend did and what you plan on saying is perfect. I don't think it's bad to apologize and just seem cool about it. Don't say it awkwardly and it's only awkward if you make it awkward. Just go up to her and say that. If she doesn't want to keep being your friend, that's on her. But I think she would because you seem like a nice guy. You seem like you really like her and I think if you tell her that she'll be happy. Also, who knows what could happen between you in the future! (: Good luck!

• 8 years ago

Sounds like a good apology. If shes a good friend she'll be willing to forgive and forget. Im pretty sure shell come around and i kinda think she wants to keep being friends but doesnt know how to break the akwardness. Ur a good guy for wanting to make things right. Mybe steve owes u an apology to...anyways good luck!(:

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, apologize. But, try not be super awkward. Romantic and full-of-concern is in fact the way to go. She will most likely say yes. Try to say things like "I would like to be friends with you, even though you do not love me. You're wonderful, beautiful inside and out, and it would be a total honor to become would of your trusted friends," I know if a guy said that to me, almost any guy for that matter, whom I know already and was already forming a small relationship with, I'd say "Yes, I would like to become you're friend, even if I do not feel the same." Hopefully your relationship will never become strangled again! Not full-proof but... Hope I was of Help.

Good Luck

Kat

Source(s): Being a Young Woman and a hopelesss romantic. :P
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

U should definitly apologize to her.It may take some of the akwardness away and she gets to hear your side... Express how u feel but don't get too deep. Like u said earlier u were slowly becoming friends and love is a strong word to use...Your apology is really good...and I really think u both could put that behind u & start fresh...so good luck!

Source(s): Muh Brain
  • 8 years ago

I think this is what you should say. "Hey (girls name), I wanted to say that I'm sorry that your uncomfortable because you figured out that I have a crush on you. Even if I didn't like you I'd still want to be you friend. You're really cool and I do want to be your friend but if it makes you uncomfortable than I'll leave you alone." I'm a girl and if someone said that to me it would probably work. I hope you get this figured out. you seem pretty cool. Good luck! hope I helped

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

In my opinion, I think you should just carry on as if nothing has happened. She would have said to "steve" that she didn't like you, even if she does like you. It's got nothing to do with steve, so he should just piss off.

You shouldn't admit or confess to anything, because at the moment, it's just his word and she can pretend it's not true.

Just carry on as normal. Thing's probably arn't as awkward as you are imaging them to be. See her less and you will start to get over her. If she has any interest in you, she will start talking to you more.

You can never "just be friends" when you are attracted to her and she isn't attracted to you. It's really very difficult and painful because you'll always be hoping that one day she will like you.

• 8 years ago

no! dont say that! saying that you never meant for her to know would only hurt her and make your situation worse! and leae out for what steve did. you should apologise but dont make it seem important just tell her sometime dont drag her aside or anything because trust me it would be wayyyyy more awkward. just almost kind of make a joke of it for the want of a better word just make it light and airy dont ssay it ,ike she means everything to you even though she actually might. im sorry if this isnt a very good answer but i hope it helps anyways :) good luck :) you seem lik a nice guy :)

• 8 years ago

Your friend Steve is a knot head, lol. But he probably meant no harm. As far as what you want to do about approaching the young lady, I think you have a good mind when it comes to women. You will be saving Steve, yourself and putting the young lady at ease. The pressure will be off and she will see how mature you are and considerate as well.

Good Luck!!!!

• 8 years ago

Yes i think apologizing would be a good thing to do. Even though you had nothing to do it's nice to let her know you take responsibility of someones actions. A lot of girls like that in a guy.

• 8 years ago

I wouldn't apologize, I would say something more on the lines are. "I know, you know I like you, but even if you don't like me like that back, I really do just want to be friends and get this awkward moment behind us. Could we? "

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.