Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

My church says evolution is science fiction, should I renounce my faith? I know it's real... I'm confused?

Favorite Answer

Charles Darwin failed miserably in his quest to validate his argument on Evolution. Evolution is a lie.

God created the Heaven and Earth as the Holy Bible declares (Genesis 1:1). Don't put faith in theories. Have faith in God.

Charles Darwin did not use good logic in his famous book, "The Origin of Species."

W.R. Thompson, a Canadian entomologist(entomology-study of insects) of international repute, wrote in his introduction to the centennial edition of Darwin's Origen, "Darwin did not show in the Origin that species had originated by natural selection; he merely showed, on the basis of certain facts and assumptions, how this might have happened, and as he had convinced himself he was able to convince others.

Chapter 4 of the Origin, entitled "Natural Selection; or the Survival of the Fittest," occupies 44 pages in the 1958 mentor edition. In this chapter Darwin used the language of speculation, imagination, and assumption at least 187 times. For example, pages 118 and 119 contain the following phrases; "may have been," "is supposed to," perhaps," "If we suppose," "may still be," 'it is probable," "will generally tend," "may" "will generally tend," 'If," 'if...assumed," "supposed," "supposed," "probably," "It seems, therefore, extremely probable," and "We may suppose." Is this really the language of science? No, it is not.

Of Darwin's speculative arguments Thompson wrote, "....Personal convictions, simple possibilities, are presented as if they were proofs, or at least valid arguments in favor of the theory....The demonstration can be modified without difficulty to fit any conceivable case. It is without scientific value, since it cannot be verified; but since the imagination has free rein, it is easy to convey the impression that a concrete example of real transmutation (change of one species to another) has been given."

Source: Thompson, W.R., Introduction to The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin, E.P. Dutton and Co., New York.

Have faith dear friends in God, not theories.

Genesis 1:1

Isaiah 45:18

Colossians 1:16

Hebrews 11:1-6

Genesis 2:1-3

Exodus 20:8-11

Psalm 14:1

SDA

Renouncing your faith would be a personal thing only you can deal with. Evolution is a fact, you can call it creation if you like but it is not science fiction.

I don't know how old you are or your circumstances so I cannot advise you accept to say keep thinking for yourself and do not believe anything you are told. Use logic and reason to help you believe the things you believe.

Frankly, I think evolution and creation are the same thing. How would you explain evolution to peasants 2000 years ago?

I have a problem with anyone who tries to interpret the bible literally, after all the thing has been translated several times and by people with their own agendas. Do you remember the game where you stood in a circle and passed a message round by whispering from person to person? The resulting message often bore no relationship to the original.

I can imagine the story being told as - first blah blah blah happened. Second blah blah happened. That could easily turn into - On the first day...... I find it interesting that the sequence is the same for both creation and evolution only the time scale is different.

I will not tell you what to do but advise you to think for yourself, ask questions, listen well.

Most Christians accept evolution. A very few do not - they believe the Bible is the literal words of God, rather than the Word of God, which is a totally different thing.

In Theology, you need to use Logic, and Reason just like anything else. If something doesn't seem right, either you are lacking in understanding, or, it really isn't right.

If you think evolution is real, then, your church must be wrong. So, find out why they are wrong.

It's a pretty safe bet that trying to convert them is an exercise in futility. The question then becomes is this a big enough issue with you to tell them to take a hike? BTW, telling your church to take a hike is NOT the same as renouncing your faith. Your faith, whatever it may be, exists with or without the organization.

• Caw

Science and religion have a lot in common and it's surprising when you look into it. Me personally, i don't bother with religion but it doesn't mean i don't have faith or believe any less than a person who goes to church.

I read a lot of near death experiences as i felt that is the only way for me to gather a good understanding of life and life after death. I feel very content with what i found as it there are experiences written by all sorts of religious and non religious people, athiest, gay, straight, different cutures, everyone.

I believe being spiritual is more important than religion as it is something everyone has to do to get closer to the source (god, the universe, whatever you want to call it)

You don't have to renounce your faith....just find a different church.

Any church/religion that tries to explain science is not a religion but a political movement.

You need to find your own personal spiritual values that are not necessarily 100% in-line with what has been spoon-fed to you in your Church.

You should renounce ALL faith, and live rationally.

You know it makes sense. ;)