What does "Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility" mean?

There are answers our there, but it hasn't been clear to me yet.

I hope anyone can actually give me like a full detailed description of what "Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility" means.

Favorite Answer

a sort facility is like a warehouse where the packages are sorted into different groups for shipping to individual locations. USPS means United States Postal Service. Origin means the place where the package starts out. So, USPS Origin Sorting Facility means the Post office's sorting facility in the city where the package has been sent from

processed means that it has passed through the facility and been sent on to somewhere else, usually the destination facility. since it hasn't been noted as received at the destination facility, you should presume it is en route, on its way.

• Dakota5 years agoReport

You are incorrect. I mailed mine out from my own city, and it arrived in a "USPS origin sort facility" in Chicago, that's hundreds of miles from where I live, and it's going to Norway. So it is neither my orignal post office, or the recipiants post office.

Usps Facility

It doesn't mean much because I'm looking now at a particular package that has been "Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility" at two different cities so far.

• Carol7 years agoReport

Same here. I sent a packate... first origin Sort facilty was Oakland, CA... second was San Jose, CA. Both said Origin Sort Facility. Hope the recipient gets it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): quot processed usps origin sort facility quot mean: https://shortly.im/tWd5W

According to the USPS.com website, an origin facility a.k.a. entry facility can be classified in a few different ways:

entry facility—The USPS mail processing facility (e.g., NDC, SCF) that serves the Post Office at which the mail is entered by the mailer. Also called origin facility.

entry NDC—A network distibution center (NDC), including its satellite auxiliary service facility (ASF) unless specified otherwise, at which mail is entered by the mailer.

auxiliary service facility (ASF)—A mail processing facility, that has its own service area and serves as a satellite processing hub for a particular network distribution center (NDC).

sectional center facility (SCF)—A postal facility that serves as the processing and distribution center (P&DC) for Post Offices in a designated geographic area as defined by the first three digits of the ZIP Codes of those offices. Some SCFs serve more than one 3-digit ZIP Code range.

So if your mail is being processed through multiple origin facilities, it may be going through NDC, ASF and SCF facilties, which may not be at the site where the package was originally sent from but should share a regional origin.

• yasmin

U.s Postal Service Facility

Really, it means illegal drugs LMFAO boy, are you misinforme! If that was the I need to call a lawyer ASAP cuz my daughters special diaper rash cream got processed twice! Shaking in my boots here people!

Anyhow, Im sorry but I had to say something, I can't stand ignorant people who think they know everything, and are sooooo far from the truth. Scarring people like that, shame on you.

I know this question is a couple years old, but there are still many, many people who look to these older questions for help. As others have said, all it means is the packages go to a special usps facility to be sorted, then placed out enroute to you. Packages can pass through not one, or even two, but sometimes up to the our for different S.F. It just all depends on how far the sender is via the buyer. The origin has nothing to do with anything, for within all my years of sending/recieving packages, I have never seen a package sorted in the " city of origin ". Hope this helped any future USPS customers

Source(s): Knowledge is Power Ignorance is Destruction
    • Meghan6 years agoReport

Oye gotta love the swype feature on my smart phone lol, sorry for the chopy post, but im sure anyone with half a brain molecule can figure out what im trying to say :-)

SUN Some are indirectly related to the sun In French, Soleil means sun. It is pronounced 'so-lay' and is also used as a girl's name. Ellen and Hellen both mean 'sun ray' and Selena means 'sister to the sun'. Kyra- 'ra' means sun in Egyptian and Perssian. Sunniva- gift of the sun Thea- mother of the sun FIRE Adena - fire Fiametta - little fire Safara - fire Nuri - my fire Ziara - 'fire' in Slovak Candice - white fire

o.o so..... how long does it take to arrive after its been arrived from the warehouse of USPS to ur destination