Polish General Jaruzelski?

Hello! In November i traveled to Warsaw, Poland. It turned out (i did not know this from before) that the friday we arrived was the polish national day. There was some military parades and something that i remember particularly is that the soldiers gave salutes to retired military officers who wore their... show more Hello!

In November i traveled to Warsaw, Poland. It turned out (i did not know this from before) that the friday we arrived was the polish national day. There was some military parades and something that i remember particularly is that the soldiers gave salutes to retired military officers who wore their uniforms. My question is: Would the polish population and soldiers give such respect to former Communist leader (and Army General) Wojciech Jaruzelski if he showed up in his uniform? considering the past with communism and solidarity etc etc. Well, my question is asked.

Thank you for any answers!