My boyfriend hangs up without saying bye?

We've been in a relationship for 3 and a half months. He's really respectful and sweet about everything else, but whenever he calls me to give me details about when he's picking me up, he just ends the call without saying goodbye. We just got off the phone, and I said that I'll see him soon, and he just hung up without saying anything. This is exactly what he does to his other friends. But I'm not his friend, I'm his girlfriend. So why does he do this? And should I bring it up? Thanks!

Best Answer

Tell him how you feel before this becomes a bigger issue than it really is. He is a man so maybe he doesn't realize what he is doing and that it hurts your feelings.

Source(s): My brain and life experience
  • Simply the next time you are about to "wrap it up" simply ask him why he will not say goodbye, in a soft approaching way, a curious tone.. ya know?

He COULD be afraid of saying goodbye to you, (maybe he doesn't ever want to?) Hehe.

This gets realllllly annoying to me too when people do that to me but I've NEVER had a boyfriend that would! That's odd to me, but putting myself in your shoes, I would squish the problem before I would keep sweeping it under the rug and letting my emotions bottle up to where the next time it happened no **** would hit the fan. Be polite and sweet, just get to the point! Tell him you would really appreciate if he would say goodbye to you because you like closure when talking to him. Many reasons that you could think of that I can't.. (I don't know the situation very well)

Happy Goodbying.

Well, it's actually very normal for us guys to do so, we feel as if though we want to say something to make you laugh or smile when you two are about to hang up, maybe he can't think of anything, it happens to almost every guy, my girlfriend and I have been dating for 5 1/2 months now, so ya we've finally managed our relationship, and i'm constantly complimenting her, and seeing her beautiful smile, every time I see it, it will always help me sleep better knowing that she's thinking about me.

Hoped this helped you,

Tell him how you feel, or else he will never know it bothers you. It is common courtesy to say goodbye on the phone.

Tell him you want him to start saying goodbye on the phone, no big deal.

It's perfectly acceptable to tell him that you would appreciate a proper "goodbye." It's simple courtesy. Ask for it.

goodbye means goodbye like forever... maybe he hates saying goodbyes....... well if bothers u when u guys talk again say hey how come u never say goodbye when we finish talk.... btw my bf never used to say goodbye either he will just say ok hun love u love love u talk 2 u tommorow mwah kiss kiss

Well, maybe it is just habit... He has always done it with his friends and other people, it would be hard to change for one person (you). Though, if it bothers you so much talk to him about it...

Bring it up..