Why is the Bibles' view on homosexuality contradictory?

The Bible makes a number of references on how Homosexuality (for those who don't know; relations between two men of a sometimes sexual nature) is such a great Sin against God and his wishes; but then you read along and constantly there is a mention of: "God made us in his image" or "He made us,... show more The Bible makes a number of references on how Homosexuality (for those who don't know; relations between two men of a sometimes sexual nature) is such a great Sin against God and his wishes; but then you read along and constantly there is a mention of: "God made us in his image" or "He made us, knowing what we would be like, and would love us all the same."

Then can you tell me, what gives Priests the damnable right to say "Homosexuality is a sin that should never be endorsed", when the god they worship MADE us in HIS image.

No troll, narrow-minded, religion-is-the-only-thing-so-believe-it or bias answers please.
Update: For those who failed to read the above comment, I meant those who would instantly read this and go "Nah. Bibles right -cheesey smile-", I didn't say "NO RELIGIOUS ANSWERS", now did I?

Some of you need to gain the skill of comprehensive reading.