promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

difference between muscular strength and muscular endurance?

Describe the difference between muscular strength and endurance. Also, which do you prefer to focus on and why?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are generally two types of muscle fibers in your body, slow twitch and fast twitch.

Slow twitch muscle fibers cannot exert as much force as fast twitch, but can sustain an effort over a much greater period of time. (Muscular Endurance)

Fast twitch muscle fibers can exert a great amount of force but for a very limited amount of time. (Muscular Strength)

I personally like to focus on both. In my opinion it's better. It gives you a more even body, rather than all strength but crap stamina, or all stamina and crap strength. Best of both

Source(s): Personal Trainer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

muscle strength is how much weight your muscles can handle and muscle endurance is how long your muscles can handle being used over and over if i were you i would work on both of them because they are both important for muscle growth

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The question is not what the statistics are showing but rather what they are NOT showing.

There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good.

-- Stephen Colbert

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Okayy.....Lift an 80 lb weight and another thing to be able hold it there....perhapss is that right?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201202...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.