First-time home buyer, where do I start using a VA loan and USAA?

I want to buy a house in Las Vegas while I am in the military and while the prices are still extremely low. I'd like to go through USAA for the loan, but I am not sure if I should get a VA loan or not. The houses I'm looking at are $75K-$100K. I can put up to 10% down but 5% would be better. I don't... show more I want to buy a house in Las Vegas while I am in the military and while the prices are still extremely low. I'd like to go through USAA for the loan, but I am not sure if I should get a VA loan or not. The houses I'm looking at are $75K-$100K. I can put up to 10% down but 5% would be better. I don't live in Las Vegas but I am planning on making a trip out to look at houses in a couple months.

I am a first-time home buyer (if you don't count the mortgage my mother made me sign when I was 18) and I don't know where to start. USAA's website is kinda of confusing when it comes to mortgages. I have heard that VA loans can be a headache; what benefits does it offer over a conventional mortgage? What other hidden costs are associated with buying a house and how much? Can you guys give me some info or words of advice? Thanks!