Female audition song for the musical RENT?

Hi. I'm auditioning in the spring for the role of Mimi in RENT. I need to prepare a song in the next 2 months. Typically I'm a soprano, but I have a wide range and can belt pretty well.... So if I could show off my belt without being too BIG BELT, that would be great. I've heard for this show that... show more Hi. I'm auditioning in the spring for the role of Mimi in RENT. I need to prepare a song in the next 2 months. Typically I'm a soprano, but I have a wide range and can belt pretty well.... So if I could show off my belt without being too BIG BELT, that would be great.

I've heard for this show that it's almost better not to sing a musical theatre song for auditions, so I've got a couple of options that aren't musical theatre repetoire, but I'm not entirely opposed to doing a musical theatre song. The thing is, I just want to do something that hasn't been overdone. Preferrably, I'd like to do something completely uncommon or never done before. No Les Mis, Phantom, Spring Awakening, Guys and Dolls, Oklahoma, West Side Story, etc. You get the idea.

If anyone has any good ideas of an audition song for me, musical theatre or not, please let me know. I could really use the help! THANKS GUYS!