Spiritually speaking, why do so many "Christians" on this forum seem to ignore "Love thy neighbor"?

Seriously, they can name every random verse in the bible in the name of hating others.

What about the main guide lines (10 commandments)?

"Love thy neighbor" pretty much excludes attacking Atheists and Christians that you don't agree with.

As a Christian myself, it really does bother me that they spread the idea that I am on their level and agree with their hateful messages.

@ Lightning: Yeah because Christians on here never call Atheists stupid right? And they certainly don't tell other Christians they are false Christians (ie Fundies insulting Catholics).

@ Servant of God: That's my entire point.

Best Answer

As a non-atheist, non-theist, non-whatever, I embrace you

I just wish we could all agree that lifeis a beautiful thing,shared by all, and made more beautiful by our interactions :(

• Ebonie

My heavens, I never have been flashed, but I did unintentionally flash a few folks once. I was in the hospital some time back and decided to take a stoll to the vending area. Well, I wasn't thinking about what I was wearing and, let's just say that those hospital gowns don't leave a lot to the imagination on the backside. The nurse came up from behind me and put a blanket over my shoulders . . . I was wondering why it was a little drafty back there!

in all the multiverse over all know time the only constant is CHANGE.

you can never step in the same river twice

Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is youer than you.

Everything that can be labeled can be hated.

Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.

This is one of my three hundred ways of seeing. Where I walk to gain wisdom.

Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Far duller than a serpent's tooth it is to spend a quiet youth.

follow your bliss it's the positive path...

Romans 13:8-10

8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

9 For the commandments, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet, and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

You sound like a hypocrite yourself . . .

It's a very strong accusation to call a

whole lot of other people "haters" when

you have never met them, and have no

sound basis for such an accusation.

You say what "excludes attacking" ... in

the same rant in which you are attacking

people... from your so high-brow delusion

that you're not "on their level" ...

Just like the pharisee:~

"I thank God that I am not as this sinner here.."

When you point, there's 3 fingers pointing back.

• Pamela

you're right and I agree wholeheartedly

God does not hold us responsible for them-

some unbelievers might- but God does not

although, Paul does say to admonish each other in the faith

(and many times I have encouraged a believer

to behave better if they want to make their point-

conduct must support content)

all we can do is pray for them to be infected with the Holy Spirit

we all need to submit to Him daily- even moment by moment sometimes

and remember that the only person we control is ourselves

and even though Mike has a point-

not agreeing and being condescending and rude are two different things

and I think you were thinking of the Christians who are mean in their disagreement

at least that's who I'm thinking of-

• Mike N

As a mental health professional with over two decades experience, now retired, I can clearly see that your "understanding" of love is extremely narrow-minded and shallow. Loving someone doesn't mean to be spineless and eternally agreeable. If that were the case, we'd have a LOT more spoiled brats being raised than we do already. You need to do a LOT of study on love. I'm not sure how old you are, and aren't, but you lack a lot of wisdom in your claim. God Bless you.

Source(s): I'm also a Roman Catholic of 60 years now.

Hugo - you have the wrong guideline. The 10 C's aren't it. Rather, Christians are informed by Jesus to observe the 2 great commandments. Don't know what they are? Look 'em up. Just google: "The two great commandments."

Your vacancy of knowledge in this regard strongly suggests to me that you do a bit of research before you classify Christians.

To be honest, a lot of the non-Christians are throwing barbs, too -- myself included.

Because the doctrine of Christianity contradicts itself.

Far to many think it's ok to hate these who aren't with Christ, when we were taught to love our enemies