stvn967 asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

Is Mark Sanchez a franchise qb?

Or do the Jets go after a displaced Peyton Manning?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

No, Mark Sanchez is not a franchise quarterback.

He has a career passer rating of 73.2, which is 127th on the all time list of quarterbacks.

Here are some notable QBs and their passer rating all time:

114. Vince Young: 74.4

90. Alex Smith: 76.4

67. Josh Freeman: 79.0

65. Kyle Orton: 79.4

41. Eli Manning: 82.1

27. Jay Cutler: 84.5

11. Ben Roethlisberger: 92.1

4. Tom Brady: 96.4

1. Aaron Rodgers:104.1

Those numbers are pretty telling.

The Jets should go after Peyton if he is available.

His career passer rating is:

Peyton Manning: 94.9, which is 6th all time.

• 8 years ago

No Mark Sanchez is not a franchise QB, leave Peyton Manning in Indy

• 8 years ago

The Jets, as much as they'd like Manning, will not and cannot realistically pursue Manning.

If he ends up playing for another team, it's going to be Miami.

Mark Sanchez is not a franchise QB.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Sanchez sucks he's an average QB at best. If the Jets can get Manning they could probably make it to the super bowl next season.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

im a die hard jets fan. i feel that sanchez and manning are complete opposites. sanchez is a young, terrible QB that will turn into a good player in, say, 10 years. manning is amazing but he will not be a long term solution. hes old and it wont be long before he becomes washed up.

I say: give sanchez one more year and then if he sucks a$$ again then draft a QB

Source(s): i <3 jets
  • 8 years ago

sanchez is not a franchise qb and manning will not go to the jets.

• 8 years ago

i'd say that the evidence has shown so far that sanchez is not a top caliber QB. if anything, he has proven to be little more than a game manager, who now throws too many INTs. i think that it's very telling that his own teammates have come out in the media, calling him coddled and entitled. unfortunately, i think that sanchez got too caught up in the NYC hoopla, trying to follow in the steps of namath (who also was coddled and threw too many INTs).

• 8 years ago

Sanchez sux, but Manning is out of their range, they're already over the salary cap..manning is going to Miami

• haahhahahahahahaaa.... whew, that is a good one. A headless Payton would be better than Sanschez

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He's no Cam Newton

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.