My friend peed in a container that used to have marijuana in it...will that show up positive on drug test?

So I needed pee to pass a drug test and me not being smart told my friend to pee in a pill bottle i used to use to carry marijuana. I rinsed it out a few times before i gave it to him too.

Favorite Answer

why are people so stupid.....

you're fine. drug tests test for the metabolite of THC not specifically THC. also THC isn't soluble in water, which is mostly what piss is, so even if the test did test exactly for THC it wouldn't be in your friends piss, it would stay on the container.

Also these statements are wrong and contradict one another. why would you get high if the plant you smoke had the chemical that DIDNT get you high..

llllllllllllll

VVVVV

there are two versions of THC: THC (gets you high), THC-COOH (does nothing because it has a carboxylic acid, COOH, attached) Guess which one is found in the plant?????? THC-COOH, the chemical that drug tests are looking for.

One more thing; also not true---->here's the key, as long as you don't smoke within three days of the test, it probably will not be detected because the most common test is very crappy and can't detect THC-COOH unless it is at a very high level.

home tests are still accurate or else they wouldnt be on the market.

Source(s): Hi, I'm an intelligent stoner. We exist.
  • Andrew

yeah. drug tests look for THC-COOH.

there are two versions of THC: THC (gets you high), THC-COOH (does nothing because it has a carboxylic acid, COOH, attached)

Only one is found in the plant because the other one is produced only after heating the plant to 160 degrees or more...

Guess which one is found in the plant?????? THC-COOH, the chemical that drug tests are looking for.

here's the key, as long as you don't smoke within three days of the test, it probably will not be detected because the most common test is very crappy and can't detect THC-COOH unless it is at a very high level.

Thats stupid, pee in it yourself, take the consuquences, i mean come on, they could probably dna test it in five seconds flat if they cared or thought about it anyway. But it depends how you washed it out, so you not being smart probably did leave traces and they will find them if you did. Get clean, leave drugs behind, they get you nowhere

yeah probably