How trustworthy is Dr. Axe?

My dad keeps sending me recipes from Dr. Josh Axe and I'm very suspicious about how trustworthy this guy is on health. For one, most of his recipes include coconut oil. I've heard people say coconut oil is good for your health, but how can an oil that is a solid at room temperature (doesn't melt until... show more My dad keeps sending me recipes from Dr. Josh Axe and I'm very suspicious about how trustworthy this guy is on health. For one, most of his recipes include coconut oil. I've heard people say coconut oil is good for your health, but how can an oil that is a solid at room temperature (doesn't melt until it's over 100 degrees) be good in your body? I've had Doctors tell me that "tropical oils" like coconut oil is very bad for people with heart conditions.

On top of that, most of the health things that my dad gets into are sketchy at best. But I don't know anything about the legitimacy of Dr. Axe.

So does anyone know anything about this guy? Is he trustworthy in his diet and detox ideas or not?