When is a child support payment considered late?

My child support payment is due every 1st of the month. I can pay it on two payments one on the 1st and the rest on the 15th. Would that be a late payment since im paying the other half on the 15th and not in full on the 1st??? Please help...thanks!

Favorite Answer

Technically it is late but not by much, only two weeks....hey at least you're paying it...my sleezy ex husband owes me over 5k and is currently hiding out in Florida to avoid paying while I struggle to buy food, clothing, and heat for my children. Don't worry about it. If you are worried, you can get the court to change the payment dates to twice a month instead of a lump sum due on the first.

You need to have your court order amended, because if you are ordered to pay it on the 1st and if you pay it only by the 15th, it is by then two weeks late. If you are living paycheque to paycheque- as most people are nowadays- then you should make your case to the judge and ask that a portion of each of your pay cheques be taken so your support is paid. It might be best if you have it garnished automatically so that you are not even tempted to break into that money. I pay support and that is what I do, because my budget is tight and previously I kept having a problem with it. Certainly don't wait until your ex complains to your local enforcement agency or files a motion against you in the family court herself, I suggest you be proactive and do this yourself so that you have a bit more control of the outcome. Good parents pay support! And don't forget to take out a life insurance policy in case anything should happen to you, your children still have needs until they have graduated from college or university. Good luck.

Source(s): Have both paid and received child support and have been to court about it so know the ropes somewhat.

Dont' worry about paying a couple weeks late. They don't start really enforcing it until it's months late. Don't sweat it and do what's best for your situation. Just be sure to budget for it and not miss a month altogether. They can't report you until you are over 60 days behind so it won't hit your credit either.

Hopefully you can find a way to reduce your payment or get out of them altogether. If you do be sure to share.

i think your soreness. My dad has in no way paid his baby help on time. He owes 1000's in back money. he's late. he will probably proceed to jip you until you continuously take him to courtroom. in case you haven't any longer have been given your guy or woman lawyer and are appointed one you will get screwed and the quantity he's meant to pay might desire to finally finally end up diminished. the only way you will get any of the money it relatively is rightfully yours on your babies is thru his tax verify. it is not plenty approximately being late that concerns, this is getting that money which you may desire to have been sent, no rely once you have been meant to acquire it. adult men purely take care of baby help like a telephone bill, and the courtroom is hell to combat with approximately it. sturdy success =]

my state does not consider youbeingg child support until past due 30 days

Go to the court and ask. If the answer is no, get things amended legally. Protect yourself and your child.

• Ronnie

Stop partying and pay your child support

If it is not paid IN FULL on the 1st, it's late. They can start taking it out of your paycheck, and make it easier.

Do you pay your electricity bill half on the due date and half two weeks later?

No, of course not.

Why not? Because that makes it LATE.

Yes, that would make it late.

Source(s): dg