How to buy a home with bad credit and no down payment.?

I have been wanting to buy a home for so long but I have bad credit. It's not horrible, I have 3 small delinquencies on there but nothing good to make my score go up. And my husbands credit is horrible and he filed bakruptcy years ago and is currently unemployed. I've had a steady job as a school... show more I have been wanting to buy a home for so long but I have bad credit. It's not horrible, I have 3 small delinquencies on there but nothing good to make my score go up. And my husbands credit is horrible and he filed bakruptcy years ago and is currently unemployed. I've had a steady job as a school secretary for almost 3 years and always pay my rent on time. The money that goes towards my rent could definitely be enough for a mortgage payment. But, since my husband isn't working, my checks go to all the bills and we haven't been able to save anything...nothing! In the area I live in, Metro Detroit Michigan, homes are sooooo cheap and now's the time to buy a home. I could definitely afford the mortgage and it sucks not having good credit or any money down. Is there anything I can do?
7 answers 7