Starcraft 2 Protoss Strategy?

I play mainly protoss, so I usually have an army of 6 colossus, 40 stalkers, 8 sentries, 4 immortals, and a observer. Is there anything wrong with this build? And is there any weaknesses to this build? I usually attack in around 20 minutes, or my opponent attacks me in around 20minutes, and so also, is it recommended o have 2-4 gateways or 2-4 stargates at each expansion? Since if your opponent destroys your main base, it takes you a while to build gateways/warpgates, and stargates and robo bays. But is it worth it economically? And also does protoss have any weakness to Terran or Zerg, all I know is that protoss stuff are expensive. And when is the best time to expand (not rushing)?

Thx alot

Favorite Answer

I agree with Jim, but think of it this way.

For every base thats is FULLY MINING MINERALS AND GAS, then you want:

3 gateways/1 robo

4gateways

2 robos

3 gateways/1 stargate

1 stargate/1 robo

Now of course this is only what on ONE base can support, provided that you have constant production and chrono boost all the time.

Uhh, I play terran so I might be wrong (but im masters), before you get the collosi out your vurnable to lings, marines, and zealots, which noobs mass. You should always (at least in the higher leuges) put preassure on your opponent's base, if you attack him at the 4-5 minute mark, it will scare him into making more army instead of economy. You should expand by the 6 minute mark. Your army is very immobile so you should keep a few stalkers at each base to prevent drops/muta harrass. This build is weak vs broodlords in the endgame so get some phinoxes or get blink to counter that. You might want to consider an archon toilet in late pvzs. Hope I helped!

Source(s): Me, myself, and I

Not sure why you want to build stargates, since you dont' have any air units in your comp.

One fault with this is that it requires alot of gas. Which you will need at least 3 bases to get to the army comp you want. It will leave you very weak and vulnerable against attacks before your colossus are out.

Unless the opponent turtles, you wont' be able to get this army up.