Are there any secure websites that offer free e-filing for state taxes?

I've seen a lot of websites that offer free e-filing, however, it only applies to filing federal taxes. When it gets time to do state taxes, there is always a fee. Are there any secure webistes that offer free e-filing for federal and state taxes?

Best Answer

I use taxslayer.com and it's free for me, I think at most it costs like 10 bucks which I wouldn't even mind since all you do is answer questions and copy information off of your tax paperwork into it.

• rtfm

Go to your state's official Web site. Most of them have "free file" links.

taxfreedom.com does federal and MOST state refunds for free also. Its a site of turbotax I live in new york and i've been using this site for years and have never paid a dime.. u should check it to see if your state qualifies for free filing.

Source(s): www.taxfreedom.com

h&r block.com its free and guides u step by step really easy to do.

Source(s): personal

Taxhawk is free

I used tax slayer, it was really easy and only takes like 20in out of your refund

Depending on your income, Turbo Tax is free. Didn't cost me a dime! :-) state and federal.

Try turbotax.com. I use them every year with no problems.