What is the survival rate for a teenager with leukemia?

Favorite Answer

This is dependent on the type of leukemia, severity, and if the patient has any other illnesses. My stepdaughter had Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) and we were told that there was roughly and 85% survival rate for her high risk. Standard had about a 90% rate. Mind you she was 6 when diagnosed.

What we did to help her was to include supplements and Chinese style herbs, along with acupuncture. When using alternative treatments we found it best not to discuss it with the doctors as they would tend to get upset, and will put down ALL methods of alternative treatments. They [medical staff] got very uncomfortable when we started questioning the “hows” and “whys” of her treatment.

Source(s): I started this website to help families dealing childhood cancer http://www.childhoodcancerforums.com/

ok, whilst my daughter substitute into clinically determined in 2005 (she substitute into 5) the medical doctors gave me the opportunities on the survival fee. for infants that's ninety two% that's up from previous years. For adults that's approximately 40 5-50%. For adults (that's what i think of the teen could fall in) that's greater sturdy to tackle. ALL (Acute Lymphoid Leukemia) is greater of a childrens maximum cancers so there has been greater analyze for infants with this maximum cancers. Sorry if this would not help.

It depends on what type of leukemia to which you refer, age, gender, translocations are also major prognostic factors.