Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 8 years ago

Is Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. a mutual fund that invests, at least partially, in US Government, state, or municipal?

Is Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. a mutual fund that invests, at least partially, in US Government, state, or municipal securities which would be exempt from federal and/or state tax?

Mutual funds that invest in securities that are exempt from federal tax will pass that tax exempt status through to the shareholders. The fund should provide you with a statement detailing the amount of your dividends that qualify for this status.

This is a question that popped up while filing my taxes online. Can someone tell me if they are or not?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nah, Walmart is a corporation, not a mutual fund.

• Login to reply the answers
  • puccio
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

the phobia of kinfolk merchants isn't pretend, in united states of america Walmart has led to closure of many small chains of outlets and moms-pops shops. yet what's the reason? Is it in user-friendly words because they are vast, and purchase in volume therefore promote more low-priced? which couldn't totally real. at the starting up, the large gamers like Walmartcontinual out mediators, in might want to circumstances, they grant seeds to the farmers, and promise to purchase each of the produce at a particular fee earlier even cultivation. it truly is win-win subject for farmers besides as those vast shops. those shops favor to have same high quality in the course of the chain of outlets, for this reason they favor to grant there own seeds. For farmers that's reliable because those shops pay a thoughts better than those mediators who make actual earnings and farmers get an truly small piece of cake. lots of those merchants who're crying at present, do not promote on bill, therefore stealing VAT/sales/earnings taxes, however, those vast shops like Walmart can't attempt this. therefore authorities receives extra gross sales. each of the transactions made by technique of those shops are accounted therefore neither those shops, nor the different party can thieve taxes. at the same time as IKEA became opened interior the city the position I stay, they grant employment to 2700 human beings, and that i'm not constructive what number of human beings were given oblique employment. So those shops are literally not in user-friendly words ensuing into job loss, yet also job creation. And the yet another maximum major element, after farmers, the real person the patron is envisioned to get benefited. i imagine we stay in an era of open marketplace, we could always come out of the mentality of Nineteen Sixties. we could always enable them are available in, and compete. Our merchants will both shrink their earnings and promote at more low-priced fee, or merge with them, or flow out of employer. i don't believe of authorities could administration this.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.