Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How was Empress Matilda like?

What was her personality like?

How did she look?

How did she act?

How did she dress?

I WANT NO LINKS OR BIOGRAPHIES!!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. She was described to have a striking appearance, which presumably means she was beautiful or attractive at least. She had blonde or light brown hair, fair complexion, and was rather tall for a woman.

2. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "act". She was quite willful, haughty, arrogant and extremely stubborn. Matilda was also very resourceful; for example, she once escaped by disguising herself as a corpse.

3. She dressed in similar fashion to most Royal women in England and the rest of Europe. Typically, women wore long tunics or gowns. A close fit to the body, full skirts, and long flaring sleeves were characteristic of upper class fashion. fashionable gown was wide at the wrist but without the trumpet-shaped flare from the elbow seen in France. The cloak was an important part of the attire; rich women lined the cloak with fur. Matilda might have also been an early wearer of the wimple, because it was introduced in England at the time.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ask the three empresses here in the forum. Alexandra, Michiko and Ichiban.. Weeeehh! Lulz:))

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.