Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

What is your favorite Stephen King novel & short story?

Best Answer

I like his early reads best, however, guilty of not reading most recent and need to catch up. My Mother has most to all of his books, so I just need to go to her library.

•1978-The Stand (linked into The Dark Tower series) is perhaps my favorite, not so short novel. The Stand takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where most of the human population is dead by the hand of a man-made biological virus/weapon. An oracle’s dreams draws a group of survivors together to rebuild society..but takes a turn.

I enjoyed the drama of •1987 - 'Misery" too..About a women who is completely off her rocker, the movie with James Caan and Kathy Bates (who won an Oscar for this role).

I must say the movie was not near as good or as disturbing as the book though.

Like the following too...

•1977 - The Shining

•1981 - Cujo- Book has different ending..

The books seem to be better than the movies..

Can't pick one, two, three or four..so I'll stop here...lol.

:)

The Shinning scared the crap out of me..Saw it a few times and never could watch it alone..That one out of the ones I have read was my favorite cause it scared me more then any of the others I have read

Pet Sematry

The stand

Needfull Things..This was one of my second favorites!!

green mile

• Logan

Salem's Lot is my favorite, I collect his novels. The short story The Mist is cool as well

My favorite novel of his is It, and my favorite short story is The Mist.

I liked all his books really, but his first 'Carrie' was perhaps my favourite.Don't remember seeing any short stories.

Creepshow.

the shining wins everything ever written by him, for sure. :)

• Ryan

Novel: The Shining

Short Story: 1408

Cujo has always been my personal favorite. My favorite short story by him is Children of the Corn

Source(s): Myself