Will this laptop run both F3AR and Skyrim?

I know the requirements both games. I just want to know if I can run both of them and save 2GBs of RAM for the internet. Someone also told me you can add more RAM to a laptop, so I want to know that too.

SYSTEM: Inspiron 17R

PROCESSOR: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2430M processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.00 GHz

MEMORY: 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory

HARD DRIVE: 640GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M (128-bit) 1GB

INTERNAL: OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

FACIAL RECOGNITION SOFTWARE: Integrated 1.0 mega pixel widescreen HD Webcam

DISPLAY 17.3" HD+ (1600 x 900) LED Display with Truelife™

SYSTEM COLOR Switch by Design Studio - Diamond Black

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card

Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat X Reader

SOUND OPTIONS HD Audio 2.0 Support SRS™ Premium Sound

WIRELESS CARDS Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030, 1x2 bgn + Bluetooth

BATTERY OPTIONS 48 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Regional Base Components DAO English Regional Base Components

Can I run both? If not what can I do? I can't change the laptop now because its already coming in the mail. If theres a way to add more RAM please till me. Also is it possible to save the games on separate flashdrives to free up some RAM and just plug them in to play? Thanks.

(Note: I'm a moron when it comes to computer stuff! :D If you can no long paragraphs.)

• Arie
    Favorite Answer

Yes the processor and graphics card are both good enough for playing these games. As for the amount of RAM, 6GB is more than sufficient, unless you do some very heavy audio and video editing for example, then more may be useful, otherwise 6GB of RAM is fine. You do not seem to understand what RAM is. Your personal files, applications and games are not saved on the RAM, but on the hard drive. RAM is the memory of your laptop. Not storage memory, but more like short term memory. If your computer needs to do something, data is temporarily stored in the RAM. You have no control over what is stored in the RAM or not, your operating system and applications decide on that for you. When you close an application, the RAM that it used is made free again. Storing anything on an USB drive or on an external hard drive does not free up your RAM, in fact when you launch something from an external device, just as much RAM is used as when you would launch it from the built in hard drive. As stated before, unless you do some heavy audio and video editing, you will not use those 6GB of RAM even, so there is no need to upgrade. If you wish to upgrade in the future, you would have to purchase new RAM and replace the current RAM, as your laptop only have two RAM slots and both are taken now, so for example if your laptop would support 8GB of RAM, then you would have to purchase two 4GB of RAM chips and replace the current two 3GB of RAM chips.

• gastel

i don't believe of your computer has the images card to play Skyrim... My macbook professional can max out skyrim, as simply by the its images card. that is extremely what you want to play a sport - a competent images Card and a good CPU.

• Alex

Yes, but probably not on ultra/max settings. It should still look pretty good though.