Why won't my pokemon evolve?

I am playing Fire Red on my VBA and I have both a Pineco and a Hoppip. They are both the required level to evolve, or higher, but when it goes to the evolve screen it appears to be evolving but then gives me a "......?" and doesn't evolve. Whats up?

Favorite Answer

That means you're pressing B or it has to do with the Pokedex.

• MattM

The reason your Pineco and Hoppip aren't evolving is because you're not supposed to have them yet. In both Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, you are only allowed to have the first 151 Pokémon which includes Mewtwo and Mew during the point in which you have the normal PokéDex.

You need the National Dex in order to evolve anything that would be after 151 in the PokéDex which is why Pineco and Hoppip aren't evolving because you do not have the National Dex.

This also why Pokémon in the regular PokéDex such as Golbat won't evolve because while Golbat is within the first 151, it evolves into Crobat which isn't in the 151 so you will need the National Dex in order to evolve Pokémon such as Golbat, Onix and Scyther too.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why won't my pokemon evolve?

Source(s): won 39 pokemon evolve: https://biturl.im/swvqC

Hoppip Evolution

First @Pokemon 4, your Golbat doesn't evolve into Crobat because you need to trade to make it evolve... o-o

Hoppip

-should evolve to Skiploon at lv18, then to Jumpluff at Lv27.

If it says "....." during the evolve screen, it means you pressed B, which cancels evolution.

Pineco

-Evolves to Forrestres at Lv31.

• Karen

no they cant evolve in the daycare. if a pokemon reaches the level or goes above the level it should evolve on and it is in the daycare centre, just take it out and level it up 1 level, then it should evolve. hope i helped

• if i remember rightly it means you accidentally pressed the 'B' button! it stops it from evolving! level it up again and dont touch anything until it has eveolved! lol! :)

Obviously you're not giving them enough love and care :-(

It obviously isn't happy with you.

Have tried looking for a strategy guide? There are a ton of them avalible online if you would just google it.

Ta da:

http://www.psypokes.com/frlg/walkthrough.php