I am registered independent because I don't feel safe telling people I'm republican in my minority majority?

city, do you consider me a coward?

Minorities really do think Republicans are racist!

• justa
    Favorite Answer

No, I consider you a troll.

Minorities have some reason to think Republicans are racist, or maybe you just like being called a welfare queen who has no way to show your kids what work ethics are.

Yes, show them how smart you are and feel more safe voting for Obama.

Depends why you're holding back!

Telling strangers your party affiliation can have unforeseen repercussions so I think you're being smart to not throw it out there. There's a consequence to being independent though: you don't get any say in primaries.

I think this is an unfortunate thing.

There are many people, for instance, who would be moderate Republicans or moderate Democrats who remain independent because of disagreements with only a few policies of a party. This skews the population of the the party so that extremists have more of a voice. We're seeing the effect of this polarization now and it's not productive for anyone.

So stay independent if you must, but if you'd like more of a say in the Republican Party I say join up. You can register online or by mail if you don't want to go into your local offices and announce your affiliation to the community.

One last comment: people generally react negatively to a party affiliation when someone uses it to judge their affiliation. If you are open-minded and willing to see the majority's point of view, where appropriate, I don't think anyone would really care that you are Republican.

No you are just a wooz.

Maybe we ought to chug on over to mamby-pamby-land and get ourselves some self-confidence for once ya jack-wagon!”

I wouldn't imagine you'd be the first

Source(s): party politics have much to answer for - I can see the rationale

no it understandable because they are very tolerant of all views... except when you disagree with them

I went to DemocracyUnderground and was repulsed, but this? This is a new low. Disgusting. No wonder people are leaving the Republican Party in droves.

No, Im registered democrat who will vote for a Republican. But only because I voted for Hilary to try to stop Obama from winning.

• SS4

I'm confused, don't you get the right to a secret ballot?

No you are typical Republican who can not stand up for themselves or your sick twisted party.