I am registered independent because I don't feel safe telling people I'm republican in my minority majority?

city, do you consider me a coward?

Update:

Minorities really do think Republicans are racist!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • justa
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, I consider you a troll.

Minorities have some reason to think Republicans are racist, or maybe you just like being called a welfare queen who has no way to show your kids what work ethics are.

• 8 years ago

Yes, show them how smart you are and feel more safe voting for Obama.

• 8 years ago

Depends why you're holding back!

Telling strangers your party affiliation can have unforeseen repercussions so I think you're being smart to not throw it out there. There's a consequence to being independent though: you don't get any say in primaries.

I think this is an unfortunate thing.

There are many people, for instance, who would be moderate Republicans or moderate Democrats who remain independent because of disagreements with only a few policies of a party. This skews the population of the the party so that extremists have more of a voice. We're seeing the effect of this polarization now and it's not productive for anyone.

So stay independent if you must, but if you'd like more of a say in the Republican Party I say join up. You can register online or by mail if you don't want to go into your local offices and announce your affiliation to the community.

One last comment: people generally react negatively to a party affiliation when someone uses it to judge their affiliation. If you are open-minded and willing to see the majority's point of view, where appropriate, I don't think anyone would really care that you are Republican.

• 8 years ago

No you are just a wooz.

Maybe we ought to chug on over to mamby-pamby-land and get ourselves some self-confidence for once ya jack-wagon!”

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I wouldn't imagine you'd be the first

Source(s): party politics have much to answer for - I can see the rationale
  • 8 years ago

no it understandable because they are very tolerant of all views... except when you disagree with them

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I went to DemocracyUnderground and was repulsed, but this? This is a new low. Disgusting. No wonder people are leaving the Republican Party in droves.

• 8 years ago

No, Im registered democrat who will vote for a Republican. But only because I voted for Hilary to try to stop Obama from winning.

• SS4
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'm confused, don't you get the right to a secret ballot?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No you are typical Republican who can not stand up for themselves or your sick twisted party.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.